Playing and installing at the same time?

So I just installed my first game on a retail disc and I want install another but can I not just play the one that I have while the next one is installing because it says needs the disc in while it downloads? Please Help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

If both games are on disc then no you can't.

You can only do this if a least of the games you are trying to play or download is a digital download game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

you can only install one disk at a time, the games still run off of the disk and will not let you install a game wile playing the other from disk. if you downloaded the game from the market place then yes you can play one game and install another.

Sorry this didn't help.

What exactly is the download? If you are downloading the content from the disc, but you still need the game disc to play then that completely defeats the purpose of wasting an hour on downloading.

Sorry this didn't help.

LoveMoneyParty,
  Unfortunately, Microsoft made some changes due to fan outrage when it announced it's always online/DRM policy, which had great PROs but a lot of CONs for anyone without a stable internet connection or no internet connection. Microsoft listened to the majority and made some last minute changes. This, of course, had impact on what you have to do before you can play the game and what your options are on selling said game (digital or disc-based). More on this can be found in this official Xbox One Update news article

Sorry this didn't help.

TO: Thee Elf

Actually Microsoft did not listened carefully what customers wanted and suggested. Customers wanted play OFFLINE and wanted use pre-owned games without any restrictions. They did not said to Microsoft that other functions about digital games should be removed. Actually it was opposite, this was good function. And because of DRM's there was even suggestions how Microsoft can do it without losing control.

SOLUTION WAS:
1. If you want play OFFLINE you always need your game on physical disc (except games what you bought digitally from Xbox Live).
2. If you want play without disc from your HDD you need to be connected Xbox Live or you need to do online check every 24h.

Very reasonable, don't you think?

This was solution. A Good solution. But someone felt offended and decided to punish every Xbox One user and also removed option to play games without physical disc. 

Sorry this didn't help.