Playing A Game On Multiple Consoles

I've heard that many people recently are getting console banned because they are playing games that they bought on a first console on other consoles. In my case, I frequently go over to a friend's house to play games. I don't always feel like taking the time to bring my xbox, we can't just swap hard drives because he has an older xbox, so I downloaded the games that I bought on my profile onto his xbox. This is what people are saying they are getting banned for, playing games they bought on other people's consoles. I don't see how this is a ban worthy offense or an offense at all really. Of course, if it is in fact any type of violation we will stop immediately. I guess what I'm mainly trying to communicate, isn't the whole point of buying a game with your profile, being able to play that game with that profile no matter where you are and can we get console or even profile banned for doing so? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

People are not getting banned for playing the game they purchased on multiple consoles - unless there is extreme abuse such as sharing Gamertags which has been done in the past or excessive downloads to many consoles. There has been a recent banhammer being swung at people downloading free/sale items from other regions than their own or otherwise manipulating the marketplace. You should not have anything to worry about judging by the description of your situation.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

People are getting banned for having different gamertags for different regions, which means they have been downloading free games that are not available in their region. But you have nothing to worry about unless you let your friend download games that you have downloaded and he has not paid for, as this is classed as marketplace theft

Sorry this didn't help.

As long as you are not using the license transfer tool as a way to share content, you should be fine.  When people abuse the license transfer it is viewed as maketplace theft/fraud and leads to bans.

Sorry this didn't help.