Player Too Young question

So I bought Battlefield 3 today and loaded it up for myself and son.

We have a family account and he has adult permissions.

I can play online but he cannot.  It says he is too young.  Other forums said to change his birthdate on his Live account but that is locked down.  We put in a bogus birthdate since I dont like that information out there.  Apparently we put one in too young.

How can this be fixed or changed?

The other strings seemed to talk more about parenting rather than a solution,

I would like a solution.

Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

... Another one of these, it seems people are not very smart when it comes to games rated MA 15+ (See the 15+?), it means if you put in your age younger than that your blocked! (Unless the company doesn't care *cough Activision *cough*)

Sooo... I am... 21!

There is no solution -EA doesn't allow kids (your son) to play this game and its their servers.  ooops.

Did you create an EA account with an age of under 14?

Back to the parenting thing - think about the lesson you teach your son every time you choose to show him its ok to cheat, which is what you're doing here.  

To Repro...

No he doesnt.  I think I may have set one up a long time ago to post a question on a forum for an old PC game.  But that would have been years ago.

So it sounds like I need to set up an ea account for him first?

ignore the trolls, set up an account for him. Bf used to be a little too in depth for most younger gamers, but BF3 is chock full of easy buttons so the CoD fans can play it too. BF3 is the first BF 'kiddy game' ever released.

^ Are you high? I stared playing BF when I was 6.

Please, Please, Please!! FOr the love of god do not let your son play BF3 and ruin it for all of us "Mature" 30 somthing gamers. MAKE HIM PLAY COD WHERE HE BELONGS

C.O.D. = "CHILDREN ONLINE DAYCARE"

Maybe you should send ur son out to hang out wiv friends, instead playing M-Rated games he's clearly not young to play.

Gotta love children offering parental advice...