Player population dropping fast .

Anybody else notice player population in all playlists really going down fast ? Black ops 2 has been out awhile now it should have gone back up by now . I have not played black ops 2 yet but halo 4 has to be better halo does not come out every year . I am not a call of duty hater but whats happening ? Halo used to be the king of mltiplayer why do people play call of duty so much ? Does it not get old year after year after year of just basically MAP PACKS wrapped up in a  nice new game case  ? I love Call of Duty but to only play that is insane people have to get bored . 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think you know the answers to your questions. Obviously people aren't tired of call of duty because people continue to buy them year after year. Just like there are people that complain about the newest cod year after year. Cod isn't going away anytime soon

Halo is just copying COD.  The gameplay, loadouts and perks all seem very CODlike.  Sad really.

Gameplay still feels Halo to me. I am sort of upset about having to include loadouts like every other shooter. But honestly it is not enough for me to give the game negative points for it - I'm just a little disappointed.

-

I love Halo 4 but haven't played it lately I'm not a multiplayer only player, so I have tons of games that I like to play. I rarely play agame for more than two weeks constantly. It's not that I'm one of those people that spreads themself thin either, I'll still play it. There are just so many games that came out recently.

The reason that a lot of people have stopped playing Halo 4 is the lack of maps, the lack of some classic, favorite Halo gametypes, and the lack of a true ranking system. I haven't stopped playing but after reaching SR 39 I've started playing it less. All the maps are solid but I'm already growing tired of them. Also Team Snipers, SWAT, Rumble Pit, etc. should all be main gametypes. The SR system they're using doesn't really add a competitive feel to the game like Halo 3's ranking system did so a lot of the "hardcore" (hate using that term) are leaving for other, more competitive games.

Another big reason is that a lot of other AAA games have been released recently so that may have had an effect.

I think once they patch some things up, release the first batch of DLC, and implement their new ranking system, more people will come back to Halo 4.

I'm forcing myself to finish the campaign on Legendary, get all the Achievements for the story I can then trading it in.  Halo 4 is fun and I love it but it gets old real quick.  And it's not due to me playing Halo all the time.  I play it an hour every few days so it's not that, just boring.

Back in the day multiplayer online was about skill, halo 2, halo 3 you fought your way to a level 50 and it was addicting as ever, most people never reached it. It made halo what it was. When cod4 modern warfare came out they introduced "prestige" ranking. Basically you didn't have to be good to be a high level, instead you had to have more time. The noobs in halo quickly flocked to cod because of the gloryful "im 10th prestige" and haven't came back sense. Meanwhile halo is trying to save itself by doing what cod does(ranking kinda, load outs,perks,instant respawn, killcam,sprint trigger, etc) and its kinda ruining it IMO...

Lack of maps isn't the closet reason.. Maps in COD are godawful

They need Halo 3 ranking bad , I miss it .

[quote user="BGH FlakJacket"]

Halo is just copying COD.  The gameplay, loadouts and perks all seem very CODlike.  Sad really.

[/quote]

It has some call of duty elements but it does not copy it . It is still Halo but its the 2012 version of Halo it needed to keep up with the way FPS games are going in this new world . They had to change to remain relevant today .

Al tho I personally like Halo 4 better than Black Ops2( i have both ) They both have that addicting trait to them where you just want see what comes next.  For Halo 4 they added all the challenges,loadouts,total armor change. Call of Duty has had ALL of that for the past 5 games now. Plus they add more every year. Now i know you cant totally change the look of your player. But You cant fully customize your weapon unlike Halo4.  Look at all the playlists they took out, for awhile they didn't have swat. But they add more and more with the updates. So i'm sure allot will come back with time. One of the map packs are set to launch soon. They will come back ;) It's really not that low anyway lol