Player following and harrassing my nephew

Earlier today my nephew was over at my house playing on my xbox 360. He had started out playing a baseball game but then decided to hop on to mw3. After a few minutes i hear him telling someone to leave him alone, and as i do not allow him to use the mic even though he is 10, i went in to see what was going on. There was a player on the other team shouting obscene things to my nephew, very vulgar and hateful things so i told him to just play campaign. After a minute we started recieving messages and despite me telling this player what the situation was that my nephew was 10, he kept sending vulgar messages. I have pictures of the last few messages he sent, and will gladly send them where they need to be sent.

This is from the Xbox live Terms of Use "If we are notified that you are abusing the voice feature or message features, your ability to use the voice and messaging system will be suspended."

Again, I have the pictures of the messages saved on my computer and I also have the Gamertag of the player saved as well.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

People can be douchebags. That's good that you got photos of the messages, however, the PET (Policy Enforcement Team) is very, very busy and they likely will not be able to take immediate action on this guy. He'll more then likely get what's coming to him. You can try posting the photos in the Suspensions Forum. I'm not sure how effective this is, though. I used to do this and I would get no confirmation that a PET member was investigating. They'd delete the posts, though. I'm sure they'll view your photos and look into the matter, but don't expect a response from the PET. If you're curious of the offending user's fate, you can always keep a message in your inbox and view their online status from time to time. Also, if the abusive messages persist, you can always block communications for that user. Don't forget to leave negative feedback! Best of luck.

People can be douchebags as Kinectimal said.  Most likely you had another little kid playing mw3 that shouldn't be.  Just another annoying little kid probably.  You can also go into you account and go to your Privacy and Online Settings and you should be able to choose who can text and talk to you.  

Yeah man, that sucks.  I had that happen to my son when he was younger.  Change your settings to "friends only " for voice and text messaging when your cousin is playing next time.  It's not that big of a deal to change back and forth for when he plays.  Hope things get better.

You don't need to post photos at all. If you file a complaint on them for offensive messages, the Policy Enforcement Team will get flagged and they will check out the person in the order they were flagged. So, as mentioned before, it may take them a little while to get to the person but they will be dealt with for sure because the PET can view the messages they have sent and they will go to the ones they sent you. Most likely, you are not the only one they have sent these messages to. Don't worry.

Whenever this happens, just block communications, file a complaint, and keep on enjoying LIVE.

Try reading this - "I want to report a player!" (Harassment and Managing Communication) -  It is the best resource when you have any questions like this.