Playable Robin Confirmed as pre-order bonus!

Well, it's been rumoured for quite sometime that we'd be getting some Robin, The Flying Graysons Poster only added fuel to the fire, and now we have confirmation.  Best Buy's pre-order bonus is an exclusive playable Robin which can be used on two different Challenge Maps.  I'm hoping that this opens the door on other DLC playable characters/suits after the release, such as Nightwing or my personal wish, a Batman Beyond suit.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's been said that this is the Tim Drake version of Robin...:-)

Cool...leaves the door open for Nightwing.

[quote user="Arkham99"]

Well, it's been rumoured for quite sometime that we'd be getting some Robin, The Flying Graysons Poster only added fuel to the fire, and now we have confirmation.  Best Buy's pre-order bonus is an exclusive playable Robin which can be used on two different Challenge Maps.  I'm hoping that this opens the door on other DLC playable characters/suits after the release, such as Nightwing or my personal wish, a Batman Beyond suit.

[/quote]

I'm hoping for all of that as well. This is already the ultimate Batman experience, but adding in some skins and such would unbelievable!

Just wanted to pass on the source of the information leak, the original article about the initial leak complete with updates can be found at arkhamcity.co.uk

Anyone think that this Robin looks too angry? The boy wonder seems to have some serious angst issues. I've liked so much of the design work for this series, but Robin isn't really working for me. Eh, it's one picture, maybe It'll grow on me.

I dunno, it sounds like a nice pre-order bonus though, two extra maps and another Robin skin as well.  He looks, to me, more like the *** Grayson version, didn't Tim Drake have more hair?  I'd really love to see a Batgirl character for Challenge Mode as well, probably won't happen though for Oracle is said to have been kidnapped in this game...:-)

Don't care about co-op. Don't care about Robin. Don't care about Catwoman. Just give me Batman in Arkham City. That's all I want. More Batman please.

Have you seen the Catwoman gameplay demo?  How can you not get all hot and bothered by that?  Robin will be optional, but you may as well get used to some Meow Mix for it's been said that she'll take up about 10% of the campaign.  You appear to have low expectations so I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised...:-)

Not low expectations at all. I'm genuinely excited about this game. And unlike the first game, I will be getting this game day 1 instead of months later. I just don't care about any of the other playable characters in a game designed around, and for, Batman.

Not a bad thing to include them. Certainly doesn't hurt the replay value. I have seen the Catwoman gameplay vids and as long as it's only 10%, I can deal with it. Might be a nice change, but Batman's the meat and potatoes of the game and now that they've finally done a superhero game some justice all I wan't is more of the Batman experience because I certainly didn't get enough of it in the first game.

To be clear, I prefer the dirty version of Harley Quinn from Arkham Asylum over the cleaned up version of her in Arkham City and Catwoman all day long.

Forgiveness, I meant for the "low expectations" to be for the playable Catwoman.  I think everyone, including the developers themselves, has nothing but the highest of expectations for the overall game.  I kinda like the redesigned Harley Quinn, the "naughty nurse" was suitable for the "hospital" environment of the first game, but the city needs a more urbanized look which I feel they captured nicely, the more familiar red and black outfit looks great.  I'm still getting over Arleen Sorkin's departure though, from what I've heard the replacement (Tara Strong I think) has filled in admirably, but for me, Arleen Sorkin IS Harley Quinn.  As far as having more of the Batman experience, what little we've seen so far leads me to believe that we're about to all get blown away, I'm especially looking forward to resonating that sonic frequency to summon the bats, that'll be way cool...:-)