Play in Italian?

I feel that with all the random Italian thrown into the English voice acting, I should just switch the audio over to Italian. I hear the Italian VA is top notch too. And I already turn on subtitles, so that's not an issue. Think it's worth doing? It'd be an interesting experience.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Yeah do it, I played through a 2nd time in Italian and the voices were great.

I really do want to know the translation for the words Ezio repeats after each Assassination of the Conspirators, anyone know? Also, Ezio is a funny dude.  When one of them says that he is not ready to die, Ezio replies... "no one ever is".  

Ezio is one hell of a great guy :-) If you do get the translations, would you be kind enough to post them here, i too would be interested in knowing what he is saying :-)

BTW as a side note. I had become board with gaming a LONG LONG time ago, a friend gave me his old copy of assassin's creed II and dang I just havent been able to stop playing it! By far one of the very best games I have seen in a very long time!

[quote user="daveyj66"]

I really do want to know the translation for the words Ezio repeats after each Assassination of the Conspirators, anyone know? Also, Ezio is a funny dude.  When one of them says that he is not ready to die, Ezio replies... "no one ever is".  

[/quote]

If you turn on subtitles it has English translations in brackets for most Italian words, he says other stuff in Italian which I can't remember, but think it is different for each one, but he always ends with rest in peace.

no one ever is = nessuno lo è mai

this is the translation into italian

Its sound so good in Italian as well. Just put on subtitles also.

You should try it because it does not change anything just the language at least to put the English subtitles if you accommodate more

During the XV century, the italian language was not like we talk it nowadays. Italy wasn't built yet and Ezio belonged to the Florence Republic of the family Medici. The Church still spoke latin and the people spoke a language called "the vulgar" (Volgo = People) which is a derivation from the latin, begun in XIII century with Dante Alighieri (Divine Commedy). The Church of course has been against the Vulgar language for 300 years because they considered it dirty and not divine. The meaning of the word "vulgar" as we use it now, comes from a period where the real meaning was different.

[quote user="daveyj66"]

[/quote]

Would that be, "Requiescat in pace?" Means Rest in Peace. He says that after killing people or right at the point when he stabs them with the hidden blade in the cutscenes.