Play game error

When I go to play a game, the screen says play game but when I click on play game I get disconnected from Xbox live and taken back to dashboard.  When I click on game details the game isn't even showing up.  I have already cleared my system cache, disconnected anything plugged into Xbox, deleted system update, redownloaded system update and redownloaded profile.  After opening and closing my tray for about 45 minutes, the game will usually play.  Sometimes it takes up to 2 hours.  Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

No more suggestions?  I guess Microsoft just wants that repair money, huh?  Knew I should of stuck with Sony.  Smh.  This console is a POS!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear that you can't play your games :( . Sounds like you may need to have your console repaired if you're unable to play anything and the disc drive solution hasn't helped. You can log a repair request at myservice.xbox.com.

Sorry this didn't help.

The two games that I am trying to play are NBA2K13 & Black Ops 2.  They both are installed on my hard drive, but it still needs to recognize & read the disc in the tray so I can play.  Thats where my problem comes in.  It does it with all my games.  I have already done everything that guide tells me & I still have the problem.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there KingJaffJo! Which game are you trying to play when this happens? Does this happen with more than one game (if so, which ones)? If you haven't, try with another game and see if the issue persists.

Have you tried looking at this guide? Your issue is a little different from most others, but this may still help: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/disc-drive/disc-drive-solution

Also, have you tried installing the game on your hard drive and seeing if you get the same results? That is, assuming it'll read the game long enough for you to install it. 

Definitely post back and let us know how that goes for you! 

Sorry this didn't help.