Pinball Arcade - Refund please

I purchased this game from LIVE Arcade last year, with the promise that I was purchasing the shell of the game, followed on by on-going DLC support to back it up.

So far the DLC has dried up due to the third party unable to apparently publish anymore content via Microsoft, and various other delays etc, which have dragged on for 6 months with no further sign of being resolved.

I am bored of the whys and wherefores, and feel I have been unfairly sold the game and it is no longer, and never was fit for purpose. I am a customer stuck in the middle of some on-going legalities with the games makers, publishing difficulties and submission issues to Microsoft.

My crime, to which I am being unfairly punished, was to spend points of this "game" that hasn't so far materialised in nearly a year since release.

I would like my total of 2000 MS point refunded, this covers the game shell itself (800), and the x3 DLC packs (1200)

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Game Room is/was free, I thought?  Atleast I kmow I downloaded it free...  The games themselves cost you.  I don't see how you were burned for something you didn't have to purchase.

. As far as DLC, no game is required to have x amount of content, I believe the only requirement is 1,000 achievement points for retail games or dlc is free until it hits 1,000 points.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunatly that's the risk you take when purchasing an arcade game. There are a number of games in the marketplace that no longer have DLC coming in, but it doesn't prevent you from playing the game. All Marketplace purchases are non refundable, and that's stated before you complete the transaction.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for all of your replies, it is appreciated. I know, it seems like an impossible ask, but I am trying to anyway. I bought into the PA ethos of buying a shell that would be fleshed out to be a full product, like Williams Collection, but this has failed very early on into its lifecycle.

I'm fed up with playing devils advocate on this release, its a failure and therefore, as a customer, I think I should be entitled to something back.

If you bought into Sky TV contract for 12 months for the F1 coverage, and 3 months into the season the deal collapsed (however unlikely scenario would be) you'd want a refund right?

This game is a prime example of how wrong this type of venture can go. Start off totally incomplete and tell customers its getting released gradually, and then the deal collapsing and your totally screwed over on it. I've had enough of that. , I'm tired of taking in balanced arguements on the subject, I paid the money ultimately and screwed over on the journey.

I think that I am entitled to being refunded for a failed venture / release, therefore should get my points back.

Sorry this didn't help.

This wouldn't be a Microsoft issue. It would be the developer. Have you tried contacting them?

www.farsightstudios.com

I understand what you are going through. I invested some money into the Game Room which kind of fell off the map. These things happen. And as others have said, there are no refunds.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did a little research, and it turns out that Crave Entertainment, the company the does the XBLA publishing for Far Sight, filed for bankruptcy back in October. This is why there have not been new DLC packs in the marketplace. But, there is good news: Far Sight has nearly completed the process of getting a new publisher for XBLA and expect to have more tables available soon.

www.trueachievements.com/.../the-pinball-arcade-may-relaunch-update.htm

www.trueachievements.com/new-pinball-arcade-tables-trailer.htm

So, your woes of not enough DLC should soon be at an end. With that said, even if these plans fall through, MS/Xbox surely will not refund the purchase of a game and its DLC simply because you wanted/expected more. It's not as if you paid for content that you didn't receive.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear about your situation English Bob Snr but Xbox/ Microsoft doesn't give refunds. When purchasing games this is even stated so on the right hand of the screen.

Sorry this didn't help.

Having also been burned by Game Room, which promised us we would have 1000 games by now, this is old hat to me.

Sorry this didn't help.