physical challenge riddles

Anyone know how to get the physical challenge riddles?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Just play the game through and you should get most of them naturally,then try for the ones you don`t have at the end.

@ArisenJaybird;

Which physical challenge(s) are you having trouble with?  If there is one or two or fifteen you need help with, let us know and we'll be happy to give you some pointers.

-M

The x5 variation one.

That one is pretty easy.  All you have to do is find a decent group of thugs (about five or so) and use five different attacks on them.  I am not sure if it has to be consecutively (i.e. don't break your combo), but try it that way first just to be safe.  

So, start off with a hit or three to get your combo meter going and then use stun on someone.  At this point, someone should be ready to hit you by now, so use counter then evade over a few people and use a quickfire gadget (like the REC blaster or baterang).  Don't forget to do an instant takedown or bat swarm when prompted as that counts as a variation as well.  That should be enough to get the challenge done.  It should unlock after you've beaten everybody.

To recap, all of these moves count as a variation.  Be sure to use five of them in one combat encounter against a group of thugs:

- Strike (X)

- Stun (B)

- Evade/Dodge (Double tap A+Left Thubstick in the direction of a thug)

- Counter (Y)

- Ultra Stun (B,B,B consecutively)

- Aerial Attack (B, then double tap A in the direction of the stunned thug)

- Quick fire baterang (tap left trigger)

- Instant Takedown (Y+B when prompted)

- Bat Swarm (X+A when prompted)

Obviously, there are a bunch of other moves, but this should be enough to get the challenge done.  Hope this helps you out.

-M

STILL CAN'T GET IT, WHAT WOULD Be the best way?

O.K.  First off, watch this video:

(You can skip ahead to 7:07 to get to the challenge you're on)

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqf4a3vWmsA]

In the video, the guy is on a street leading to the church.  On this street, there are two thugs.  Drop down behind one of the guys and stun him (B).  Immediately after, double tap the jump button (A,A) and simultaneously move in the direction of the stunned thug using the left thumb stick.  Batman will perform his aerial attack.  Once the attack is done, hit the X button ONE TIME and move the left thumb stick towards the other thug that is several feet away to strike him.  Right after you strike him, move the left thumb stick back to the first thug (who should now be trying to get back up and hit B,B,B consecutively to ultra stun him.  Exactly half a second after you perform the ultra stun, hit the right trigger and Y buttons at the same time (RT+Y) and the left thumb stick in the direction of the fallen/falling thug to do a ground pound.  By this time, the second thug should be almost right on top of you, ready to hit you, so counter him (Y) quickly when you see the squiggly lines appear over his head.  Finish the battle in any manner you see fit if it is not over yet.  At the end of the fight, the challenge should have unlocked.

So, in that one encounter with two guys, you used these six moves:

Stun (B)

Aerial Attack (AA and LS towards a stunned henchman)

Strike (X)

Ultra Stun (B,B,B)

Ground Pound (RT+Y)

Counter (Y)

Note: In the video, the guy jumps to the right before doing a ground pound.  I do not recommend you do that since it could easily break your combo if you are not quick enough.  It seems that the challenge only unlocks if you use five different moves in one combo without breaking the combo.  The secret to getting high combos in this game is to press the strike button (X) only once per hit, per bad guy (after the third strike).  If you mash the X button repeatedly, you will always fail your combos.

Here is a list of basic moves that count towards the 5x variation:

Strike (X)

Stun (B)

Counter (Y)

Evade (A,A)

Ultra Stun (B,B,B)

Aerial Attack (B,A,A+LS towards the bad guy)

Bat Swarm (A+X only when prompted)

Combo Takedown (B+Y only when prompted)

Ground Pound (RT+Y when a guy is dazed on the ground)

Beatdown (B, then mash X repeatedly)

Let me know if you get it and/or if you need help with any other Arkham City achievements.  I'll be more than happy to help.

-M

I got it, but it was just luck. Now all I need is to get catwoman's whip combo and I'm finished.

you need to purchase that when you level up.

Luck?!  Oh, please!  It was brilliant advice and your imporovement in skill that got you the challenge.  Although, as THEOWENKILLER said, "Just play the game through and you should get most of them naturally,then try for the ones you don`t have at the end."

That's what I ended up doing, anyway.

-M