Phoenix

If anyone watched the Evo tournament then you know it has been proven this is the cheapest character ever created.  The black guy that played Justin Wong even apologized for picking her as a desperate ploy to stay in the tourney.  I see Phoenix and just leave.  I urge the rest of you to do the same.  Maybe this will cause the users of Phoenix to try some different characters since they won't get a match otherwise.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can only do one action in the air now so she can't even get a teleport mixup after that one fireball lol.

To Venril Viersche: Honestly, your team is very limited as to what it can do against Phoenix spamming her air fireballs. For Akuma, you're looking to hit her with your beam Hyper. It comes out extremely quick so time it when she's throwing out her fireball. Super jumping up and shooting down at an angle is the best. With Sentinel, you're looking for a Hard Drive as she's throwing out a fireball. The move is entirely invincible so it'll hit her no matter how many salty balls are out. Super jumping up and hitting M to confirm into combo also works sometimes because it cancels out her fireballs. As for Tron, this is one of the most hopeless matches in the game. X-factor cancel a blockstring into level 3 grab is pretty much all you can do and that's a hail mary play.

[quote user="VernierSlake"]

[quote user="vee why"]

As for Tron, this is one of the most hopeless matches in the game. X-factor cancel a blockstring into level 3 grab is pretty much all you can do and that's a hail mary play.

[/quote]

Unless you're PR Balrog...

[/quote]

lol yeah and that was a hail mary. He even did it to Viscant again in the runback at Season's Beatings (though it wasn't to reset the bracket so it wasn't nearly as dramatic).

^I'm Vee Why btw. Windows Live only lets me log into one account per browser (in my case, I'm on auto login on Hotmail so it won't let me login here unless I sign out there).

Don't let the other team build five bars of meter and snap her in at some point then.

I know they've changed it so you can only fire one orb in the air before going to ground again.

[quote user="vee why"]

As for Tron, this is one of the most hopeless matches in the game. X-factor cancel a blockstring into level 3 grab is pretty much all you can do and that's a hail mary play.

[/quote]

Unless you're PR Balrog...

Phoenix seems to have the durability of tissue paper so if they ramped up her attack then its just to balance things out

For me i just need to know how to counter her strat of flying/teleporting up and cheesing you with those orbs from above. Characters i mainly use are Tron, Akuma and Sentinel :(

stop your *** complaining already about her. theres this little function called "snap back" and if you snap her in you can kill her EASILY in 1 combo. this game is so ez but soo many idiots like you just like to *** and moan. and before you even say " pft typical phoenix scrub" i play wolverine akuma and magneto.