Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II

If I buy an original Xbox can I play this game offline? I think I read you need an Xbox Live Account to play it, which is a problem seeing as the original Xbox Live has been shut down.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It has an offline story mode. No need to worry if you need an account or not.

I never bought it for the original Xbox, asI have it for Dreamcast & Gamecube. But one of the main resons that I never got it for the Xbox was because it said very directly on th case that an Xbox Live account was REQUIRED to play this game. From what I had read elsewhere, the Live account wasn't only needed for online play, but in order for the game to run at all. Now that this game is so old, and the servers (probably) shut down, this may have changed.

Good question. First off the game is so cheap right now give it a shot. Secondly you do have to have an xbox account to sign in the first time. I know you can play split screen offline with an inactive account because thats what i do now, but im just not 100% sure about the first time. Like I said the game so cheap now that it probably wont even be $5 so just give it a try

When I played this game in the past I was unable to do anything without xbox live. I am not 100% sure of this but I think it locks character creation out. Not sure what it will do at this point in time. I can say from experience that Phantasy Star Universe is a near exact copy of PSO.

[quote user="Titanus Ferrum"]

When I played this game in the past I was unable to do anything without xbox live. I am not 100% sure of this but I think it locks character creation out. Not sure what it will do at this point in time. I can say from experience that Phantasy Star Universe is a near exact copy of PSO.

[/quote]

Is that with the Ambition of the Illuminus update? Because originally, PSU was almost nothing like PSO.

Yeah, but Phantasy Star Universe doesn't have the one thing I'm interested in Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II for, and  that's split-screen multiplayer. Me and my brothers used to love playing the Gamecube version. We'd even get up at 5am before school just to play it.

[quote user="bentleyma"]

Yeah, but Phantasy Star Universe doesn't have the one thing I'm interested in Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II for, and  that's split-screen multiplayer. Me and my brothers used to love playing the Gamecube version. We'd even get up at 5am before school just to play it.

[/quote]

My Wife & I were completely addicted to the Dreamcast version. So much so, I bought a 2nd Dreamcast & copy of the game so we could play online (with others) at the same time.

That said, what I really want is a new (proper) Phantsay Star title.

Yeah, it locks you out. Trying to recall it exactly the best I can, but after you hit start it brings you into a menu of four slots. Each one is for your gamertag, without one you can't bypass it.

To go about this, you'll need to get a gamertag somehow. There's also a modded version of the game that'll let you bypass it, but it's rare now and not something we can talk about here.

Honestly I suggest getting the PC alternatives if possible. Episode 4 would be a main thing that you would be interested in.

Welcome to the Project

Hey, you could always download Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst for the PC (the best and most complete version of PSO) and play online on the free servers. Just search it on google.

You are in luck Phantasy Star Online 2 is suppose to come out end of 2011

en.wikipedia.org/.../Phantasy_Star_Online_2