Personal details being given by other player in game lobby's

A old /ex friend is giving my mobile number out in black ops 2 game lobby's. This has been going on for several weeks. I have filed complaints the they keep changing gamer tags. I get abusive texts and phone calls all day and night from players I don't know. As far as I'm concerned this is not in accordance to the code of conduct. I have filed complaints but not thing is happening. I don't want to post their gamer tag on here. U hsve done everything ie blocking and privacy settings but nothing is stopping this person from giving my phone number out. This had now been going on for 3-4 weeks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It takes a bit till the enforcement takes action.

Maybe you should switch your phone number.

Since this is real world harassment have you considered going to the police?

-

Your ex is more likely to stop doing this after a couple of officers appear at his door than the threat of being banned from Xbox LIVE.

[quote user="HaloJolly"]

It takes a bit till the enforcement takes action.

Maybe you should switch your phone number.

[/quote]

The best advice is this. I know it would suck having to get a new number but, the harrassment is unlikely to stop if your ex gets a 1 week suspension. And even if he got perma banned he can still create a new account or give your number to friends, or even worse post it on his profile. Switching your number is the best option

Have you tried blocking him? You could also change your number. There's also the option of letting it continue until he gets bored and just gives up.