Perhaps the wrong forum but how is Morrowind on 360?

As opposed to original XBox?

I'm excited about Skyrim and I've just now gotten into Oblivion.  Its a great game and it makes me wish that I had experienced Morrowind.  I've been looking at options to purchase M'wind and I was pleased to discover it on the list of games supported for backwards compat on 360.  I haven't really had good experiences with games on that list however, so I thought I ask on this forum and find out if anyone has played Morrowind on 360 and if it was stable etc.  I'd also like to know if the GOTY Morrwind pack is fully supported on 360.

I COULD just play Morrowind on the PC, but I've seen on other forums where it doesn't play nice with Win7 and I'm not really interested in learning any tricks to make it work.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 90 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Didn't even know it played on XBox 360, lol.

You should invest the time to get Morrowind working on PC. There's a nice new high resolution texture pack on the way soon which makes it look amazing!

FYI...just found a used copy of Morrowing GOTY edition on GameSpot (not GameStop  lol) for $29.50 plus shipping...

www.gamespot.com/.../index.html

i just got back from gamestop, pre-ordered deus ex: human revolution augmented edition, and not only did i not find a copy of morrowind, i didn't see a single xbox original game. made my pre-order high come down a fair bit

Gamestop stopped carrying orig Xbox stuff.  Half.com and the Amazon marketplace are a great place for finding nice copies of orig Xbox stuff.  I got a copy of Deus Ex Invisible war in "Very Good" condition for less than $8 on Amazon mkpl.  In my opinion the condition was better than advertised.

Is Morrowind on Xbox then as a Original?

Morrowind on Xbox 360 is ok. There nothing good or bad about.

Is it still so poorly ported from pc that it hurts your eyes to play?  I have sensitive eyes and when I played through Morrowind on reg xbox, I got terrible eye strain :(

I loved Oblivion, so I snagged a copy of Morrowind when I stumbled across it. It's not GOTY, but it's playable on the 360.

Loved it on PC, was playing with over 150 mods installed at one time, they added weapons, quests, enlarged the cities, etc... and new textures....never played it on Xbox, only Oblivion and now Skyrim on Xbox...

When my cousin let me borrow it for the 360. The frame rate would drop to at least 15fps at night time. I would recommend buying it for the P.C. Its an old game so as long as you have a modern p.c you should be able to run it well.