Perfect solution for mortars

The article can be found here.

[quote]THE BUZZ: Some have complained about mortar spam in Battlefield 3, but according to DICE’s Alan Kertz, the developer is considering at least one solution.

On his Twitter account, Kertz said the following:

Seriously considering MAVs as a counter to Mortars. ECM jammers could destroy the Mortar with a few hits. Looking for feedback.

EGM’s TAKE: This tweet by Kertz is a few days old now, but coming across it today, I thought it was an interesting detail to bring up for those who have passionate opinions about Battlefield 3‘s mortars one way or another.[/quote]Interesting idea. If they were to do this they would have to make MAVs easier to take out. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or something but I had to shoot it with more than 10 bullets to take it down, which to me is a little much.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yea MAVs are boss. They are so agile and quick that no one even tries to shoot mine down. I have never been killed by mortars so I really don't care what they decide but it seems like something they should have thought about before releasing the game.

Would've come up IF THEY HAD A REASONABLE BETA. I haven't been killed by them a lot either, but sometimes I do have to sit inside for a while and thats pretty boring.

Mortars are not that effective unless you bunch up at choke points, are easily countered either with smart assault or simple counter mortars, any weaker and they should just remove them.

I just use the stinger to shoot down MAV's, works every time.

[quote user="Wh1t35hadow"]

seems like something they should have thought about before releasing the game.

[/quote]

Agreed, DICE didn't include Mortars in the beta, with was a big mistake, I don't understand why DICE can't just limit the number of mortars fired pair life. Say for example  5 mortars and ammo creates will not resupply them, the players as to die and spawn, this would make the player have to think about how he/she is going to be effective with them, instead of just sitting in there Non-Cap Spawn.

The thing is that the mortars aren't that effective, if people agent spotting for the person who's using the mortar its pure guess work where to fire. plus it requires a direct hit to kill a soldier, and about four or five direct hits to take down a tank, and tanks don't sit still while under fire.

mortarts are easily countered, people just need to quit their b i t c h i n g

It seems to that alot of people are complaing that people who use mortars are able to kill people while they themselves are relatively safe.  The thing is though that I've been using mortars for the last week or so and from what Ive found you get very few kills with the mortar.  The best use of the mortar is the ability to deploy smoke around spawn points.

The best tactic against a mortar is to work out roughly where he/she is and then either deploy your own mortar or get someone on your team to do it and then mortar on that spot, the mortar appears on the minimap like a shining beacon, its really hard to miss.

Mortar guys are the easiest person to kill on the battlefield... People get owned in a server by them and then automatically think they're over powered. Have you even tried them yourself? Its not that easy to get a kill..To me its not really for killing as more of a distraction so my teamated can get easy caps and kills themselves.. If you get killed by a mortar you are either camping in one place or you're dropping mortars yourself..Leave the mortars alone...

[quote user="Clean Roach"]

Mortar guys are the easiest person to kill on the battlefield... People get owned in a server by them and then automatically think they're over powered. Have you even tried them yourself? Its not that easy to get a kill..To me its not really for killing as more of a distraction so my teamated can get easy caps and kills themselves.. If you get killed by a mortar you are either camping in one place or you're dropping mortars yourself..Leave the mortars alone...

[/quote]

Agreed 100%

Even when you see people on the mini map, it takes a good 3-4 seconds between the time you drop the mortar and the round hits.  There's no way you're leading a target by that much with mortars, so the only people you're killing are ones who don't move (unless you get a lucky shot)