Perfect circle scratches on all of my discs

It's probably my xbox having an issue but I just wanted to get some peoples' opinions on this - a few months ago, I used to play MW2 all the time, and then the disc stopped working. I haven't been able to play it since. Just recently I noticed that there is a circular scratch around the center of the disc. I compared this scratch with my black ops, cod4, and other discs and they all have this circular scratch around the center. It's strange though because, other than MW2, my discs load fine. I can't get on multiplayer on MW2 but I can get on multiplayer on BO and MW.

Is this a problem with my xbox? Should I send it in to get fixed?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

Its just my opinion.  If you have moved/ hit ( not saying you have) the 360 while a game/dvd/cd can cause the 360 to start putting scratches on any disc.

I would send it in to have them take alook at it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well when my MW2 disc stopped being read it was a result of my xbox falling over. (I used to have it stand vertically)

Now I have it sit horizontally and I haven't moved it since then. It's just peculiar because I did try to use one of my friends' MW2 discs to see if it worked on my console and it didn't when he said it worked on his. And yet it reads every other one of my games, but the perfect circle scratches are still apparent.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds like your having a problem with the box - if the box was knocked over that will cause these rings on the game disks.

If the xbox is making the scratches with out being moved, or hit then there is a malfunction with the unit.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you want xbox can repair the xbox  but if you are past your first year you will pay the 100 dollar service fee

This is why you need to be sure you aren't moving it or have it on an unstable surface

If you want replacements for those disks you must contact activision as they are the publishers and pay the required fee like 20 bucks

Sorry this didn't help.