People who cheat

I was in a lobby early this morning my time on Black ops and a girl of all was telling people of modded 15th lobbys. I responded that the person could get banned for saying something like this. Anyway she told me that microsoft could not detect her jtag and if they did and banned her that she could unban herself.  Now with this actually being said in game chat it kinda makes me wonder if this is true. This is what is wrong with all the cod games among others. I would like to play the games no matter how old they are without people who cheat. I know game dev are trying their best to combat this but I feel that they are losing the battle. I would like to see people that are found out to be cheating banned for life on xbox live but are able to still play and update games (just not multiplayer) also ban their IP for certain time and also start to fine them depending on how bad it is. This right here would stop alot when it hits their pockets. On a good note I thank Microsoft for doing thier best against these people.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 2, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

they are trying but as you can see its everywhere.just make sure you report this person yet heard both for tampering and voice chat,this way xblpet will investigate her.

I wish there was a more effective way for us to directly ban these people without having to send in a report for evaluation.

Or maybe the system should make it easier to be more specific about the reports we send.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Technically you can unban a jtagged console but it involves replacing its console ID with that of another. Since this practice can get expensive people tend to share them, which leads to even quicker bans for the jtags.

I agree with you all and I did report them to both microsoft and Treyarch. There should be better ways or should I say better selection decribing the action to report them. I find it funny that the people that mod is the ones that have no skill at the game or games they play. Hell I got a crappy internet conection (DSL) and live 2k past max distance only due to cable company being lazy and not running the line to the house BUT I still have fun playing online as it is ment to be played. I kinda wished I was working for microsoft team so that I could lend a helping hand. Is there a way to contact the team that bans to give them names or give them reports?

The only cool mods are on the PC games :)

Some people make some slick stuff.

I would love to play games on the pc but most of my games windows xp home wont run. Im talking about dune, ravenloft SP and such.

Javaline glitch was fun but anything outside of ingame mess ups its not worth it.

the funny thing is no one actually glitches hacks or mods lobbies on pc, modding is a form of community play over there

^ What about aimbots and wallhacks? I know that if you're running your own server that you can boot the cheaters, but they still try, don't they?

Actually, the ability to set up our own games and kick people at will would help a lot in combating cheaters. Matchmaking helps enable cheaters because no one has the power to remove them from the game. Everyone has to either leave or sit and suffer.

A shame that almost everyone has adopted matchmaking on console games. Sure, there was the occasional random boot in games like RS3, but it was mostly used to keep campers and glitchers out of the game. And it worked very well.