People who cheat way of infections/modding

I would like to know if and when Microsoft will fix this issue with another patch or update also hold the companys that make the game where they need to patch it. I know older games ppl dont play them that much BUT when we do we like to play the game like it suppose to be played. Every game I see come out is getting worst of being buggy as hell but they are trying their best and I amend them for it. I also starting to see a trend with games where it gets almost 1 year old they quit doing patches. Please put your foot down and do something. If im not mistaken to mod your xbox or use infections is against federal law which means you could pursure criminal charges against them or fine them which I would think making ppl pay out of pocket would do more than a slap on the wrist in banning their content id or gamertag. I am almost 100% sure rest of people would agree to this.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I agree that something should be done. I think it a lot easier said than done. Think of how many people there are on LIVE, over 10 million at least, and then trying to find the person that started it.

I agree but think of it this way. Person who started it and ppl that using it. If I was running this company and for honest ppl that want to play I would take a loss to get rid of ever1 that cheats that way the people that actually play can have a fun time. Its not fun when people can instant target you, fly thru the air or be superman and cant be killed. Game companys making all this money and not keeping their product like it suppose to be. We as paying customers  want good service not service that we have to deal with cheaters.

[quote user="Floorboss"]

I agree but think of it this way. Person who started it and ppl that using it. If I was running this company and for honest ppl that want to play I would take a loss to get rid of ever1 that cheats that way the people that actually play can have a fun time. Its not fun when people can instant target you, fly thru the air or be superman and cant be killed. Game companys making all this money and not keeping their product like it suppose to be. We as paying customers  want good service not service that we have to deal with cheaters.

[/quote]You're forgetting one thing.  How?  Farts said there are over 10 million users on Xbox Live.  That number is actually higher than 30 million. Do you know any community in real life that has a population over that many people without criminal, cheats, and generally dishonest people?  If you could eradicate that element from a population that large, you'd be a miracle worker.  What you are asking for is an impossible task.

The fact is that people are being punished (severely, and on mass) for using those cheats.  The only possible way to prevent the cheating is to make the game more robust from the start, and that's not Microsoft's job, it's Activision's.

Noxious your sig cartoon strip is hilarious

Isn't it? You should check out that website sometime, they have thousands that are just as funny.

Over 30 million? Damn that is a lot. I am actually surprised new release games don't get infections quicker.

OP, to clarify, it is not against the federal law to hack and mod, unless this is done and can be proven to cause some sort of monetary lose or corporate damage.   Damages in this area on Xbox would be a civil matter since showing tangible damage would be 100% subjective.    The only thing that is violated by cheaters and mod's are the term of service and use for both the xbox and associated programs/games.   It doesnt fall under federal review.  I keeping seeing this and everyone stating it is wrong unfortunately.    Plain fact is if you mod your xbox SWAT wont be knocking down your door.   You also do not have any legal recourse against MS or a publisher if someone alters the equipment or a game and happens to be in your match cheating.   If you stand in front of a judge and argue "My online gaming expereinced was ruined by a hacker, Activision and Ms owes me compensation" you will be laughed out of court and most likely on the hook for all legal costs for boths sides.   Everyone needs to realize that using the system tools to report abusers and voting with your cash (dont support companies that dont support their products) is the only method.   I personally believe that it should be allright to call out the user names of cheaters.   Create and environment they cant survive in and make it so they cant find a match and this will drive alot of them out of the public arena.   While the rules of these forums prevent it I beleive it should be reviewed, if you play clean then you have no fears.   IF someone wrongly accuses you, you have a forum to reply (plus gamer cards ususally paint a relaistic picture, all acheivements in one day offline wont help you defend yourself etc).

The way I see it is that Microsoft and EA both still making money on games so therefore they should be adding patches to the xbox and or games more regular. I do see your point. I also think that Microsoft should hold the game companys by the ballz to relase a decent game not full of glitches (BO) or fix their game (MW2) took them long enough. Stricter rules should apply to game companys when making games for online play. It has to be a way to stop this. The way I see it in the way of waw if microsoft still sells the map packs and dont give a warning about the infections to new ppl then yes you have a legal right to get money back for a product. Otherwise its bad business.

[quote user="Floorboss"]

The way I see it is that Microsoft and EA both still making money on games so therefore they should be adding patches to the xbox and or games more regular. I do see your point. I also think that Microsoft should hold the game companys by the ballz to relase a decent game not full of glitches (BO) or fix their game (MW2) took them long enough. Stricter rules should apply to game companys when making games for online play. It has to be a way to stop this. The way I see it in the way of waw if microsoft still sells the map packs and dont give a warning about the infections to new ppl then yes you have a legal right to get money back for a product. Otherwise its bad business.

[/quote]Neither Microsoft, nor EA make Black Ops, Modern Warfare, or any Call of Duty game.  Neither of those companies are permitted to fix (or patch) something they do not own.  That job is Activision's job, and their job alone.  ACTIVISION (a company that is larger than EA BTW) is the company you should be blaming here.

Here's an analogy.  Your car has an extremely smoky exhaust, which is annoying to other road users.  Am I able to just take your car, and fix it without your go ahead?  Same principle applies here. 

Anyway, why is the amount of money a company has relevant here?

I'd say they way we can fight this is to allow the players to boot them like in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (Except with unanomous voting.)  so they can't return into the game and keep the file complaint system so xbox support can handle them. This ban tool should be in most games.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I wish that the developer and publisher would actually give a damn and patch the game.