People who are complaining about the sawed off

why are you letting them get that close to you who begin with?

people who are complaining about the retro lancer:

have u tried aiming at their heads with a lancer or a hammerburst and not their chest/arms/legs/feet/etc

trust me the head is the area you should aim your gun, i will not steer you wrong

moral of this post: gears of war 3 could be perfect and ppl would be able to find SOMETHING to complain about

fix spawn points, plain and simple, if you are going to do anything over the next 4 months epic, fix spawn points, stop making marcus fenix statues, and fix spawn points

complainers will complain

listen to the real gamers

the end. feel free to hate me

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can't really stop someone from hiding around a corner with one....it's simple to creep up on someone in this game without  them being aware....

And the lancer/hammerburst do the same damage no matter where you hit the body....

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]

You can't really stop someone from hiding around a corner with one....it's simple to creep up on someone in this game without  them being aware....

[/quote]

Exaclty, how does no-one realise this ( also it is easy to get close to someone, close parts of a map + roll/wallbounce )

Not only that you can't stop the run bys, 

I don't know how my times someone has spawned behind me and they just run by and shot you in the back then reload and run by and shoot someone else in the back.

I'm sorry but that just ruins the game IMO as it's just a cheap non-skilled kill.

One way to counter the DBS, use the DBS!!

The only gun I hated on the beta was the Retro, but tbh, if you see a guy holding one gain some distance on him & use the Hammy, which imo is the best gun on the game if used right.

Oh, & before anyone says anything my load out was Hammy/Gnasher & K/D was 2.0 (2.9 for last week of beta!). I just adapted to each map & other players ;)

I was not keen on the Sawn off Shotgun, I probably was useless with it, but I swear everytime I used it I would shoot someone point blank and they wouldn't die and they would do the same at the same distance and I would explode. again probably me but it soon became my least favourite weapon in the game

Depends on where u used it - It's very useful during KOTH where everyone clustered together around the ring. :)

My issue with the sawed off is the distance at which it downs you. The SO should be used as an anti melee/charging weapon and not down people from 5 feet away. It should be a 2 foot gib or nothing.

[quote user="FearMeInside"]

why are you letting them get that close to you who begin with?

people who are complaining about the retro lancer:

have u tried aiming at their heads with a lancer or a hammerburst and not their chest/arms/legs/feet/etc

trust me the head is the area you should aim your gun, i will not steer you wrong[/quote]

That would be to much logic for some.. With that being said I agree with the spawning problem, but if you have a good team they should let you know that some one is rushing behind you, and I also kinda agree with lord on this one.. it should be an all or nothing gun, it shouldn't be downing people. Other then that it's fine as is.

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

My issue with the sawed off is the distance at which it downs you. The SO should be used as an anti melee/charging weapon and not down people from 5 feet away. It should be a 2 foot gib or nothing.

[/quote]I agree with this.  The one shot downs should be taken out.  If I'm already hurt it's fine, but that's the only time it should happen.

i can agree with the "all or nothing" approach to the sawed off, downing ppl with such a strong close range shotgun does seem kinda silly

however, i think there are many ways to still get around the sawed off which i will discuss since that is what most ppl have complained about

dont rub against corners cuz as u have said u dont know whos gunna be around them, stay on the outside and look around em before you go rushin, utilize grenades, theres a lot of different kinds in the game and a good smoke grenade will stun for at least a couple seconds

also if someone is runnin at you, the lancer is especially a very powerful tool to stop the runners, shooting accurate lancer bullets nearly stops a runner in his path tryna get to u

if theyre rollin, roll around too, switch to the gnasher and wall bounce the *** out of em, think about it guys, all u gotta do is let them miss one shot and theyre screwed with a 3 second reload