People saying MW3 is like MW2.5

As the owner of COD4, WAW, MW2, BLOPS, MW3 and can see that each iteration plays somehow different.  MW3 being NO exception.  People said that it is MW2.5.  Well lets see.  

1. Sledgehammer Games helped (if not made) multiplayer portion of this game. Different studio different ideas.

2. As result of number 1 the maps have a different feel as any of the previous games' maps. Crowded, multiple paths, very sharp turns. Longest down view is very narrow. Few maps have open space for snipers but now snipers and **** guys can be friends and support each other.

3. Very fast paced and you can jump through objects faster than in previous games (somehow similar feeling as in BF3 when you are running).  It feels just as smooth.

4. Addition of new guns

5. Addition of Survival Mode

6. Very random spawning system.  It looks like you can encounter enemy within few seconds of spawning.  There is a feel of quick kill/die and constant action. You can still run but watch your every side.

7. A more 360 degree situational awareness. I am glad that I play with microphone now.  I had my teammates telling me if anyone is in the back of our team as enemy does not have to spawn at the end of the map or at any common spawns.

8. Addition of new killstreaks classes. Killstreaks cycle.

9. Because the map paths are narrow I am staying close to my teammates and I can see what they are doing in order to help win the match. It actually is fun now as a team as you stay closer to each other.  It feels even though you can be a "Rambo" there is always someone next to you or close by. It feels like a forced "team" but I see it as a good thing.

10. Camping exists but it is more of a team camp.  If enemy is overwhelming one team becomes attackers and the other defenders. Campers are not much of a problem as the constant UAVs etc help locate people on the map.  This way the action keeps going.

11. Addition of Weapon proficiency. Now you can customize your gun beyond just attachments.

If anyone of you have anything to add please do so.

So before the game people said it will be like MW2.5 and it is all the same.  Now after playing they do not like the feel or changes they made. People need to make up their minds.  Did you want a copy and paste or something different.  Just play the game for what it is and you will get used to it.

Btw, I like other shooters games such as BF3, MOH, Homefront, COD.  I never say a game is a bad as there is always a person who will like it.  Something bad would be that everyone does not like the game.  I rather say that certain game does not cater my 'playing style'.

I know I will get BF3 people bashing my post etc but I like conquest type in BF3 game (experience in similar mode in MOH) as there is constant action.  But I am a father of 2 including a 6 month old and I only have time for quick matches.  This is why I like COD game style better.  I can go in for 10 minutes and then if I have to go I can quit without influencing my team too much (someone new will replace me pretty quick).  In BF3 or MOH the fun is where the teams are full and go for objectives. I would feel bad quiting in the middle of a match.

To describe the game as it "sucks" or similar is a very bad term.  You should rather say that it does not cater your play style and give reason why.  Some People have this general idea of perfect game and if it does not look similar to their idea they just bash it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's not different enough. All they've done is add lots of fancy things and take away a a few things that people didn't like in previous games. If you compare BF2 to BF3, they're completely different. A new cod every year means only one thing - $$$. Fair enough the company is a successful business. But a lot of people are turning their nose up at this game. I only live in a small town and it's not just me that thinks it's poor.

Lol if Sledgehammer didn't help them it would be worse than it already is. That's just my opinion anyway. I know for a fact that once I get Skyrim tomorrow I'm not gonna be playing cod for a while. It's boring.

^ Think the game is terrible? loluwanturmoneybackbro?

Who cares?  If you like it, it doesn't matter what other people call it.  The sales speak for themselves anyway.  Let the haters hate....they will regardless of how much you type.

They feel that they've lost out on money.  Simply put.  

Trade it in, sell it to a friend who may enjoy it, do something.  

Calling it Modern Warfare 2.5 isn't going to stop the franchise from selling more copies.

To J 3ennett,

Not all people want a big change.  If they add vehicles then the game will become BF3 or Homefront.  Most games have different engine developed for them.  They look and feel different.  If you play one game for a long time you get used to mechanics etc.  It will take a while to switch to anything new.  BUT some people just play few hours etc and decide the game is bad because it does not 'feel' like something they are used to.

There is only so much you can do/add to game.  COD sells for what it is.  You change/modify something that will not change the formula completely.  It does not mean the change will be for better.  It could be for worse too.

[quote user="Kudlaty1"]

To J 3ennett,

Not all people want a big change.  If they add vehicles then the game will become BF3 or Homefront.  Most games have different engine developed for them.  They look and feel different.  If you play one game for a long time you get used to mechanics etc.  It will take a while to switch to anything new.  BUT some people just play few hours etc and decide the game is bad because it does not 'feel' like something they are used to.

There is only so much you can do/add to game.  COD sells for what it is.  You change/modify something that will not change the formula completely.  It does not mean the change will be for better.  It could be for worse too.

[/quote]

Why wouldn't you want a big change? Cod 3 and Cod 4 was a big change. That's why I thought Black Ops was good because it was different.

[quote user="x NeverEnding"]^ Think the game is terrible? loluwanturmoneybackbro?[/quote]

Nah it cost me £25 so when it's sold I will probably make profit. Bro.

[quote]

Why wouldn't you want a big change? Cod 3 and Cod 4 was a big change. That's why I thought Black Ops was good because it was different.

[/quote]

I actually like MW2 except most things people hated.  If they gave me the same exact feel with new maps, fixes I would spent $60.  I buy it because I like it.  What can you do that you might hate Activision etc.  

MW3 feels different than MW2 to me.  I will have to adjust.  Simply put since Activision is charging $15 per 5 maps you get about $45 worth of maps in MW3.  So for few bucks more (there was some deals as low as $47.99) you get new maps with other new things.

Not a big deal.

There will always be people that will hate a new game no matter what has changed or not. It's about if you like it or not what others like. Personally I would love a game where real people die like the movie "Gamer" **damn that's a great movie** LOL

This game feels like added DLC.

[quote user="x BACON HSA x"]

This game feels like added DLC.

[/quote] Yes