People quit way too much.

I get that every game has this problem but it really does seem out of control in GOW3. I can understand quitting Horde if it's been going for hours but not in the very early rounds or even before the match starts. I've even seen this happening frequently in Beast too, why quit in that mode? I can tell some of the time people are quitting because they don't like the map that gets picked, pretty pathetic. Other times I think people are quitting because they don't get to work on the fortifications they wanna level or they don't like the base that gets picked. Regardless of the reason it's pretty lame to ruin the game for everyone else. People need to suck it up and adapt.

Btw I don't play versus very much but I see it happening in these modes too.

Anyone else notice this lame trend?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I only hate it when the host quits and the wave resets to 1 along with the base we built.

You keep the money you had at the moment they quit, but if you've just bought something (like the silverback) you don't get your money or the fortification you paid for. I never get to be the host either, probably because I'm in the UK.

Thats why I only play horde with friends I know in real life.

Its not as bad in versus because when im playing with randoms i only care about myself. No use worrying about what some noob is doing .

Sucks even more when you go 1-40 with the same people, then everyone just decides to leave without saying  anything.  Good thing I've got that done already.  It's always better to play with people you know than with randoms.  

You jellski brah? Ya digski?

Atleast its not as bad as in the other Gears games, it was horrible in two.

I don't remember Horde being like this in 2. Actually in two I met lots of people who like to talk and don't quit. Now no one talks and most people quit. I just had a game where everyone quit by the mid 20s except me and another dude. We ended up going to 38 or so and it was a lot of fun. If we would've had a full team still we probably would've easily beat it. People are such punks.

I'll say this, it took me a long time to beat Horde in Gears 2, but I did it within the first week on 3.  And I play with randoms almost exclusively, don't really have any real life friends that play Gears.  Once was on Thrashball, and the other was on Mercy.  I guess I lucked out and got in with a couple of good teams, because both times we finished with all 5 players.  I think with a good team it's actually easier to beat Horde on Gears 3 than it was on 2.  I also think it's much more fun as well.

"I never get to be the host either, probably because I'm in the UK."

Same problem here, but not in Gears.

Even so, it's difficult to stop quitters, but it is definitely a problem. Perhaps it would be better served with a penalty for quitting below a certain wave (although a wave would quickly become infamous at that point) or allowing Join in Progress (Select yes or no when you start searching if you'd like to start new or join in).

In Beast mode at least if someone quits there are more kill money for the rest of the players.

Horde mode takes way to long time for most pick up groups.
GoW should learn from Firefight in Halo Reach and make a short 10 wave version of horde. With fast matchmaking for casual players, that have a limited amount of time.
With a lot more starting credits and higher reward pr kill. Difficulty set to level 30 and no restart from current level.

Had the same thing just this morning, Was onto lvl 4o  horde, There was 3 or 4 restarts dew to 3 running all over the map  ( that stadium one) and sitting in a duggout while 2 chaps were bleeding out not 10 feet away , Same as alrady said , i already done 1-40, just 41-50 to get ticked..

Also had it in campain on insane,, gets to were ya goto get that ulgy thing under the bridge to get dropped on by the tickers, die more than twice and  veryone leaves ya on ya own,, . To many quiters