people ddosing and trying 2 troll and cut off my internet, can something be done?

basicly to make a long story short i was in a argument with this guy and i was party leader and he was friends of one of my friends and i kept kicking him and finally made the party invite only and my friend told me hes going 2 hack me or w/e and i said ok. he got my ip and first it was kinda wierd i was playing Dragon age on my pc and when i was playing it would say not responding ( i had it in window mode) and at the top of the game it usally saids dragon age but after it stop responding it said being controlled by MaStA CoMpUtEr and i got alittle neverous and shut it down and restarted it and it happen again so i restarted my computer then my internet went out.....so i called my ISP and they said everything is fine and then i called xbox live and they said buy internet protector (such as norton internet protector). so i did but about 2-3 weeks ago someone ddos me again and my internet was off for about 2 hours and it wasnt just me it was my friend 2...i called xbox live and i wanted 2 report the guy but they didnt really do anything ( the guy i talked 2 sounded like he was new and just started working there).

so basicly if this happens again what should i do...i mean this isnt fair just cuz a kid or a person gets mad at a person they shut down their internet for a short period of time. what can i do next time this happens.

PS: ever since that happen my desktop is acting weird my internet will cut off and i have 2 go behind it and plug the ethernet cable out and in and it works fine but then ever once and awhile it will just cut off any ideas maybe just the cable?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Heh. Call of Hacking.

I blame Al Gore for creating the internet.

Hey, you know the rule! One troll comment per question post. You've broken the creed!

First of all ignore what MS support said about getting Norton, that's just ridiculous. If you want something good and free get Microsoft security essentials. Also whatever protection you get you need to run it in safemode. Most times you can access that by pushing F8 repeatedly when your PC is starting up.

I have no idea how a person would gain control of your PC. Do you have a completely open router or no password or something? If it's something like that you need to lock it down by changing it to a strong password.

I'm no expert, those are just suggestions.

If you are being DDoS'ed contact your service provider. DDoSing is illegal.

i no ddosing is illegal but when i tell them they are like stupid when it comes to that

When the computer slow down or freezed. I being hack or got virus?

Switch your router off > switch it back on again > DDOSer foiled again.

i tried that but it dont work i have att uverse and it doesnt work like that

Then add network surcertiey to your home netweek.