Penalty shots

So you are telling me that if an opponent has a penalty shot and he shoots on me as i am goalie and i make the save, but drop the puck, he can make another shot at me? This is how it happened. He shot at me and i made a save, but i did not hold onto the puck and he came back around and grabbed the puck and shot again and scored. I thought you can only shoot once on penalty shots. Ugh, it not only pissed me off, but it also cost me the game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

RIGGED !

I've never seen this happen in hundreds of games and shootouts...

[quote user="prototypepariah"]

RIGGED !

I've never seen this happen in hundreds of games and shootouts...

[/quote]

Trust me, i was about to throw my controller across the room. I made the save and the whistle should have been blown, but nope. The guy got to take a second shot and scored on me.

I've never seen this happen so I'm sure it's few and far between. Hopefully it won't happen to you again any time soon.

i have seen weird stuff like this happen, it depends on how the game sees it. it might have not seen either of you having "possession" of the puck after the initial shot, and might have seen it as just a series of bounces

If the goalie knocks the puck off the offensive players stick, and he doesn't actually shoot, the game will give him the opportunity to 'hit the shoot button' so to speak.  I've seen, and done this a few times in shootouts and penalty shots.  

Lame.