Peed off with DLC add on regional errors

Just bought the points for the dlc add on for Black Ops. Can't download it coz I live in France and i've got an english disc and english account. F-ing ****. Anyway around it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yep buy the french disk and create a french account and buy French ms points

To download region locked content it's simple if your account no longer reflects your actual location you can create an account that does . Dlc except for avatar items are usable by all profiles if it is the original purchasing console

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unless there is en dlc but youll have to goto the FR market place to check if they have en dlc which I kinda doubt

En disks will not work with FR dlc so most likely youll need a FR disk

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="KissMyHampton"]

Just bought the points for the dlc add on for Black Ops. Can't download it coz I live in France and i've got an english disc and english account. (removed). Anyway around it?

[/quote]

While we understand your frustration about your situation you must understand that the red portion of your post is uncalled for and is not allowed in these forums. Judging from the 'code of conduct' in your profile you already know that. 

You have two things you can do:

1. Buy the FRENCH version of the game and create a FRENCH XBL account. Then download the content.

or

2. Wait until you are back in the US. Then download the content.

With any REGION LOCKED content you must meet ALL of the criteria in order to gain access to it. The following is the needed criteria for Black Ops:

Account Region+Game Disc Region+Actual Live in Region=ALL must match

Your situation is: US+US+FR=Denied                     You need: US+US+US=Access           or you need: FR+FR+FR=Access

Sorry this didn't help.

To be honest, the red portion of my post which was removed was pretty mild compared to what i'm feeling. Frustration? No. Conned? Yes. Why advertise the add ons on my xbox when i can't gain access? Why isn't the fact that 'all criteria' need to be met isn't advertised ANYWHERE? How do i get a refund, because i've now bought entirely useless MS points? I feel the only 'code of conduct' i should follow is buying a PS3

Sorry this didn't help.

you would have the same issue

as international laws do still apply to all consoles

region locks are due to distibution rights and international laws

if you have a en copy of a ps3 game like blackops you still need to have a FR copy and a fr account

as the content is the same on both consoles therefore the content will be restricted in the same way

well generally when you buy a game yoiu usually buy the game for your region

Sorry this didn't help.

the account you are using is what advertise the languagen of your account

if you use an out of region account

forums.xbox.com/.../34.aspx

I’m getting “region” errors

In order to have the best experience on the marketplace, make sure that your account region and physical location match. Your account region was set when you first set up your Gamertag and can be checked by going to https://billing.microsoft.com and clicking on “Personal Information”.

remeber not all content is region locked however the games that has content that can offend people will most likely be region locked

Sorry this didn't help.

So, it is Microsofts fault that YOU are using an English account and English game disc out of the US region? That would be YOUR fault. The only reason someone would create an out of region account would be to gain access to content not available in their region, which would be a violation of the XBL Terms of Service. That again is not Microsofts fault. They didn't tell you to create an English account when you don't even live in the US. 

International, copyright, license, local and government laws all play a part in what is and is not allowed in each region. The latter two being the biggest factors.

I outlined your options above. If you don't want either one then you are out of luck getting the content. And the PS3 would still have the same region restrictions with this DLC, or any region locked DLC.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unbelievably, some  people actually live in a different country to the one they were born in, where a different language is spoken. And, unbelievably, I didn't actually move to France in order to 'gain access to content not available in (my) region'. I know, it is a hard fact to get one's head around, but it's true. And before you mention it, yes I do speak French. It's just easier and more enjoyable to play a video game in my mother tongue. Stupidly, I thought Xbox Live was an international service. I now understand about International, copyright, license, local and government laws. I just wish I'd been informed about them BEFORE I bought MS points and tried to download add-ons advertised on my Xbox. It can't be that difficult to understand why I'm slightly irked by this, can it???

Sorry this didn't help.

Ummmmm how about playing the game ? You really think that a game like that could be made without strict rules really?

Localization and distibution laws is not new and has been around since the atari and nes days localization keeps the software from having compatibility issues also make sure that it complies with local laws

Sorry this didn't help.

How come I get to play with and against people all over the world? How come I'm not limited to playing people with an English disc? Or have all the French I play with/against got an en version of the game?

Sorry this didn't help.