PC got "High Tides" DLC for Free Today

So PS3 & PC got the "High Tides" Co-Op DLC for free now, still no word on the 360 :/ 

From the Steam page:

The co-op story is far from over. Hoyt’s privateers have ambushed the four survivors and taken them hostage. It’s up to you and your friends to escape an underground prison and find a way off this island of insanity.

This Free High Tides DLC Pack Includes:

• 2 New Co-op Maps: Jailbreak & Redemption
  • 4 New Co-op Skins: "Warrior-ized" Leonard, Tisha, Callum & Mikhael

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I doubt it would be free on here. Co-Op is stupid in this game anyways. It doesn't even play like Far Cry, it feels watered down. You rarely get to drive vehicles.

nothing is free on xbox. only a few things are free, but arent as great. Theyre just selling you things you should be able to do with map editor. Its all about destroying the principal/core part of the game in order to make money. really sad to see this series do this sort of thing. had so much to bring to the table

No Different to how the PS3 got additional content for AC3 that we will never see. The Xbox Deal with Activision for CoD DLC has allowed Sony to do better deals with every other publisher, especially Ubisoft to get the most content for their games

-

MS need to get their head out their backsides and realise that not everyone is a 13 yr old CoD fanboy, and that the Xbox still has a community of real gamers playing real games to think about

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]MS need to get their head out their backsides and realise that not everyone is a 13 yr old CoD fanboy...[/quote]But most people are. I'll bet they make a killing due to that contract.

and no doubt they will renew it, but thats the new business model of MS for Xbox...nothing but making money, and its so opposite to the community driven spirit that helped grow and build the Xbox brand

-

Sadly....CoD has been the worst thing to ever happen to Xbox LIVE, other platforms getting more game content then Xbox for the same games shows this more then ever

Never heard about that DLC, until now. I'll check it out later, thanks for the heads up.

haven't heard about this piece of content before as well.. I really hope it comes out soon. I I just started playing the co-op and even though its a far cry away from what we all expected. its entertaining and works!!!

The reason you haven't heard of it is because on console it's EXCLUSIVE to PS3.

"Jan 15, 2013 – Today PS3 gamers received exclusive downloadable content for Far Cry 3 . The High Tides DLC, "

Note the word 'exclusive' in the sentence ? Xbox probably won't get this DLC.

I hope they have some single player DLC soon. This is one game I wouldn't mind paying for DLC