PBS - cannot view any shows

I am an xbox gold member. For two weeks I have tried to watch some shows on PBS application, it will open and let me view content, but when I clik on a show to watch it tells me PBS server is not available and I am to go to xboxlive/status to resolve issues. I do this but cannot find any help. Can you please tell me what to do. I can watch netflix an other applications. This seems to be only PBS. When I view the apps page, it says it is up and running, but it's not doing that for me. 

thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I got this fix from another thread from JDIZZLY7. I had the same problem as you have had, but JDIZZLY7 suggested turning off the closed captioning. This worked for me and hope it works for you too!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree, and am beginning to get upset with XBOX's services. For over 3 or 4 months at least I have been getting errors for the PBS app, and never get any answers why. It took Microsoft what...over a year to resolve the ESPN fiasco come to think of it. It's becoming clearer I won't be purchasing their products anymore. PC software that crashes, needs constant "patching", and XBOX service(s) they offer, but then break down for months or take over a year to settle with the provider.

Time to move on and give SONY a try.

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day ToMassEffect! Sorry to hear about the frustration - I can totally understand. Please know that we are aware of the error messages in the PBS app and we're working with our partners on a fix. I'm updating this thread with info as I receive it. Please hang tight for now!

Sorry this didn't help.