PBS app never finds server

I am anxious to try the PBS app, but it never works for me.

The first time I installed the app it launched, prompted me to enter my location, and allowed me to choose a PBS affiliate.  After that, I received a message stating that the app could not connect to the PBS server.  I figured that since it was a new app, the server was just overloaded.  Waited a few days to try again, but received the same message.

Checked XBOX Support and was recommended to uninstall the app and then reinstall it.  Tried that, but still get the same error.  Tried using the app at different times of day, but always the same result.  Have uninstalled/reinstalled a few times -- no luck.

Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi all,

Looks like this app has returned to the marketplace and is up and running. Are you seeing the same thing? Let us know. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i just wanna stream to twitch but for that i need to change some privacy settings, but here's the problem, i can't, i got an error message saying that i just need to connect to the service, WAIT! WHAT SERVICE IS THIS?!?!?!? AND HOW DO I CONNECT TO IT! so i did some research and it says i cant change them until i connect to the PBS app! but how?

Sorry this didn't help.

What does that even mean???!!! The PBS app has been having issues for at least a month on my end, and at least 7 months according to the first posts here. I bet if it were a big money channel, you guys would've fixed it in hours. How about at least a translation of the jargon, "we're working with our external partner", and an ETA of when we can expect the app to be functional again? Or, if you guys are having a squabble with PBS, how about at least an explanation? This is below the standards of what is usually top notch service from you guys. Thanks in advance...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey everyone,

We are aware that the PBS app is currently unavailable on Xbox Live and we're working with our external partner to get this issue corrected ASAP.

Thanks for your patience and be sure to check the PBS app status every so often for updates.

Sorry this didn't help.

Once I changed my local PBS provider to a different one it started working.  So I just can't get my "most local one".  But I can get another one near by.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been having the same problem (can't watch content), for months.  I found this thread, and tried the delete/reinstall route, as suggested on the xbox help and other comments in this thread, but I have the same problem as noted earlier that the PBS app doesn't even show up to be installed anymore.

Sorry this didn't help.

After following instructions  to delete and clear cache above, the app doesn't even show as available to download now, under Apps -> Video -> See All.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Ang, sorry for the confusion. Even though the service alert has been lifted, we're still working with our partners at PBS to get everything running smoothly. They recommend that in the meantime, their content can still be accessed at video.pbs.org. Thank you so much for your patience so far!

Sorry this didn't help.

The link to the service alert in the previous post says the PBS app is up and running.  However, it is most definitely not up and running for me.  I'm still getting the "Sorry, PBS isn't available" error.  Is anyone else still having problems?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just wanted to update here and say that we haven't turned out the lights. We're still working with our partners to get this app running smoothly again. Until then we have an active service alert up for the PBS app. Once the issues within the app are fixed then that service alert should disappear!

Sorry this didn't help.