Paypal stopped working for NO reason

I have to preface this post with the comment that I am VERY upset right now.

Not because my Paypal account (which is verified, and "Good" according to the billing website) isn't working.

Not because I can't add points.

But because your email support has pissed me off to no end by:

1) Not reading my email. I first emailed about the problem and described in DETAIL what was wrong, and got an unrelated "answer" the first time.

2) Refusing to fix the problem. The 2nd and third emails BOTH contained EXACTLY what is wrong, with proof of who I am and what is going on, and every possible piece of information necessary to fix it including my Gamertag, my name, my address, my phone #, and my email address that I use to log into the site here.

3) Instead I'm told to CALL customer support and waste my time listening to someone who can't speak english, despite all the information I could give over the phone, being presented in these emails.

So here's the deal. Three weeks ago I used Paypal to instantly purchase 1600MS Points, It worked FINE.

My paypal account has a zero balance right now, just like it did when I purchased the 1600MS points.

I have not changed a SINGLE THING on my account since then.

My Paypal account is directly linked to my VERIFIED checking account, which allows ACH transfers.

My Paypal account does not have a credit card linked to it.

My checking account has well over $600 in it.

My billing address is correct both here and at Paypal's site.

When I try to add MS Points, I get "Your payment instrument could not be authorized." Despite it being authorized perfectly fine 3 weeks ago.

I'm not willing to call customer support and waste my time any further trying to resolve a problem which I've already given plenty of information on, when what really needs to happen is for someone to get off their @@@ and take care of it on MS's end. My email replies are no longer being sent (they're coming back aborted after six seconds), and this is the last step I'm going to take to resolve this problem before I simply purchase my gaming content elsewhere.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey there! I'm sorry for the frustration here. It is my understanding that the Paypal account must either have a credit card or a positive money balance on it to work with the LIVE service. Can you try transferring some money directly to the Paypal account and then make your purchase again? You may have to remove and re-add the card to verify it properly. Let me know if this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have transferred some money into the account. However, there was not a positive account balance 3 weeks ago when it worked fine.

And the CC linked to it (though I said there wasn't one, there is) has been canceled (closed) for a month and a half. So even though there was a card linked to it, it wasn't a good card, yet it still worked 3 weeks ago for 1600 MSP.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you since removed the expired CC from the account? Maybe it's checking that far, finding an invalid card, and then just throwing the error before looking for any other payment options. Try removing it, maybe remove and re-add your Paypal to your account, and try again for me. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.