Paypal problems

Hello, im having problems with purchasing xbox live gold membership with paypal. Heres the error I get when I try to purchase it - Sorry, we couldn't get authorization for this. Use a different or new way to pay, or check that your billing address is correct. If you have more questions, your financial institution is the one to ask. Status code: 0x80190848.

Any solutions? Its been said to wait until later, and if so how long is that? all answers are appreciated. Thanks for reading

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I would check with paypal to be certain there is not a lock on your account for some reason. It could also be that there was not enough money in the account to pay for the membership, or that the credit card/debit card tied to the account has expired.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I also found this: In order to properly use your PayPal account, it must either have a valid credit card attached to it or a positive money balance. If you have an attached bank account and are still having trouble adding/using your PayPal method, try transferring some money from the bank account to PayPal so the PayPal account actually has a positive balance.

Account Information

Please ensure that the account information on both your LIVE account and PayPal account is current and that it matches. For instance, if your PayPal account is under "John Smith" but your Xbox LIVE account is registered to "Master Chief", you may have issues linking the two accounts. This also goes for contact information, billing address, etc.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I do have a differant name on my email and the paypal, is there anyway to change the emails name or the xbox lives name

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, that error means that PayPal has declined the payment.  A good thing to check first would be seeing if your billing info on commerce.microsoft.com matches the info on PayPal.  You may also want to contact PayPal's support.

Sorry this didn't help.