PayPal payment error "80167611"

I have recently deleted my payment options from Xbox Live, because someone had committed fraud with my paypal account. Now that it is fixed, I tried to add the option back. When I tried to add the paypal information back on and purchase some games, it gives me this. I looked the error code up and the information there was useless, as this is not a credit card - it's paypal. My paypal information is one hundred percent accurate. I made sure of this multiple times. I am beginning to become very upset with Xbox 360 support. So far it has been absolutely useless to every problem I've had, and I've had to figure things out on my own. I have no idea why this is the way it is. When I was having the debacle over the fraud issue with Microsoft, I was informed that once the payment option was deleted, I could add it back and there wouldn't be any issue with doing so. Now it seems there is. It has been nearly two months since the fraud occurred and my account is now secure once more. What I don't understand is that the Xbox support supervisor I talked to said there wouldn't be an issue with adding the same paypal account back on after 48 hours. I had no reason to put back on until now. Now that I have, it isn't working. My paypal account is directly linked to my checking account, so it isn't a problem with "insufficient funds" trust me. The problem is on your side, not mine. I believe that when the supervisor removed the payment option, they also locked any further payment options from working as well. If my suspicion is true, then it is one hundred percent your fault. This is not what I was told would happen. I am sorry for seeming upset, but I am slightly annoyed by your Support team, Xbox. You seem to fail miserably at what you do, I have never managed to have gotten even one solution of yours to ever work. I end up having to figure it out on my own. I'm just glad I'm fairly good with that sort of thing, otherwise I'd be "SoL" - so to speak. Once again, the error code is "80167611" and I have attempted to correct the option. I deleted the payment option, and went to the Xbox website to add it back. I didn't have a problem in doing so. The payment option has been added and should work perfectly fine, yet it does not. This is not paypal's or my banks fault either, as I have checked with both of them. They said nothing was wrong. So why am I having difficulties? I seriously think Microsoft should pay people who are ACTUALLY qualified to do this kind of thing... Not someone from across the sea, who hardly speaks English, and is payed 50 cents an hour. I'm sorry, not everyone is "unqualified" for the job, some of you are good at it, but I have never had the opportunity to actually talk to someone who has even the slightest idea of what they are talking about...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Ok, you say that paypal was removed due to fraud.  Have you tried contacting Netflix to see if they have blocked Xbox from taking payments because of this?

If you were disputing charges they would have definitely found out and blocked access from that service.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't see why Netflix would be involved with me purchasing a game through paypal from Microsoft, but regardless, I do not use Netflix - I use Hulu. I do not have any type of subscription to Netflix any longer. And I don't even use Hulu on my Xbox, just on my computer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, you got me.  Not sure where the Netflix thing came from.  My mind must have strayed while I was typing.

What I meant to say was the fraud occurred through Xbox and perhaps paypal has blocked access to Xbox purchases because of it.  You should contact paypal to see if they have done this.

Sorry this didn't help.