Payment methods

I have recently been trying to make som purchases on the xbox. First time I bought 5000 mspoints my creditcard worked just perfectly. Second time it didn't. I tried many times, removing and adding the card again, but no luck. Then I tried Paypal. That didn't work on the xbox either. I went over to the xbox website to add mspoints, but not even there did my card work, Paypal did in fact work on the website. But now I'm trying to make another purchase, but neither my card or Paypal is accepted on the xbox and on the website. I have double checked all information and all is in order, but I just can't make a purchase. I get this error message: Unable to authorize the selected payment option, please select a different payment option. 

Does anyone know why this happens?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

There can be a number of reasons for this but that message would only come up if the bank declines the transaction from going through, things such as the fact there may be a lack of funds, hit your limit for transactions online, the bank does not approve of online sales but let it slip through once, all of these are possible scenarios. I suggest check again to make sure the funds are available and if they are contact the bank to see if they are declining, if not call billing support for Xbox live and see if they can help you further.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Usually when this happens it is because Microsoft flags your account for trying payment methods too frequently that fail. Have Xbox Support give you a call back by putting your info here support.xbox.com/contact-us and they will be able to unlock your account so it can take payments again, only takes a minute or two to be done. This is usually done for security reasons for you, your card supplier and for Microsoft's protection.

Sorry this didn't help.

I haven't managed to resolve the card yet, but the Paypal issue was that my user wasn't verified yet. I don't need to use the card on the xbox anyway

Sorry this didn't help.