Hello. I am posting because I have had this issue for quite some time now.
I have been paying for Xbox Live Gold and DLCs for almost a year and a half now. I didn't have issues with payments until now. On april 8th I payed my march gold as the auto-renewal for april kicked in. After that, I have been trying to pay april's Gold since the 12th, and I am getting an error that says something like:
"Your payment option cannot be authorized. Use a new or different way to pay.
If the problem persists, contact your bank."
Now, I don't get an error code when I also want to apply a few dollars from my Microsoft account towards the purchase, and when I only use my payment option, I do get one. If I look it up, I get these possibilities:
1. Issues with the credit card. - I do not use a credit card.
2. Incorrect billing address. - Seemed the the right thing to fix here.
3. Try again later / Wait 24 to 48 hours. - Already tried.
Now, a few details about my account:
- The accout is US.
- I connect from Costa Rica.
- I pay with Paypal.
- The debit card tied to my Paypal belongs to a Costa Rican bank.
- The Paypal account I used had an identical billing addres to the debit card. Obviously, a Costa RIcan address.
Things I've tried:
- Contacted my bank: Everything is fine with the debit card.
- Contacted Paypal: Awaiting answer.
- Created new US Paypal account with the same billing address my Microsoft account has: The problem persists.
- Added the same payment options again and attempted to get rid of the previous: I cannot change the payment option for my Gold subscription and cannot buy anything else with the new payment options.
Things I've tried to buy:
- Xbox LIVE Gold - 1 month
- Halo: Spartan ****
- Gears of War 3 Season pass - Unfortunately missed the sale.
And unfortunately, pre-paid cards are not a viable solution for me. Stores are a bit abusive here. For example, charging the equivalent for $40 in local currency for a $20 gift card.
Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.