Pay to play? or no?

Has this been confirmed about multiplayer anywhere or no? I've seen a few post about it, but didnt know if that was a rumour or not.  Of course i'm not referring to the obvious MS live cost.

thx

boats

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hope not..because if this happens I will end my prestigous COD career.

I certainly hope not. We already pay for xbox live. They could kind of do it like EA does it and have the code for new games in the box and if you buy it used you have to pay a small one time fee to get multiplayer.

wow I am all over the forums saying Id be buying both MW3 and BF3, but if its pay to play... no MW3 for me.

I highly doubt it.  They would have to make a lot of changes to the series if it were subscription based because there's really nothing that makes it worth paying for.

Am I one of the few people here who wouldn't be totally opposed to a subscription? I'd pay around $10 monthly for constant updates, assuming they released new maps, weapons, game modes every 2-3 months, dedicated servers or possibly a map creator/editor. Might be too much to ask but then I wouldn't feel cheated if we had to pay a subscription on top of xbox live.  

[quote user="ROCK A LITTL3"]

Am I one of the few people here who wouldn't be totally opposed to a subscription? I'd pay around $10 monthly for constant updates, assuming they released new maps, weapons, game modes every 2-3 months, dedicated servers or possibly a map creator/editor. Might be too much to ask but then I wouldn't feel cheated if we had to pay a subscription on top of xbox live.  

[/quote]

i would gladly pay for dedicated servers alone. knowing the developers they wouldnt do it, let alone constant support for their game, it would be a waste of money, and apparently they've been trying to push this idea into the games since cod 4.

If they charge monthly for any game I won't be buying ,if all the big names do it at a certain fee a month it's gonna cost a fortune

If they do, I'm not buying. They already scam enough people.

Under no circumstances would I pay an extra fee to play online.

Hell no. Only if they get some post game support. Even then, probably not.