PAX Panel: Warden's tale is done but Hawke's is not?

PAX 2011: The Future of DRAGON AGE Panel.

An interesting panel from the sounds of it. I don't see however how they can say how the Warden's tale is done and Hawke's is not, when it is made clear at the end of Dragon Age II that the pair's disappearances are linked.

I wonder if it is simply because they don't want to have to deal with all the variations of Warden that can exist, compared to the handful of Hawke's. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

[quote user="voteDC"]

I wonder if it is simply because they don't want to have to deal with all the variations of Warden that can exist, compared to the handful of Hawke's. 

[/quote]

A tad annoying, especially when they were the ones raving about choice and putting it into the game!  I don't really see how the Warden's story is done, unless s/he died fighting Urthemiel. And what about God Baby?  Would be fantastic to see more of the Thedas world!

Honesty I hated hawke he never felt like "my character" so the story never pulled me as much as the story in origins did. Honestly towards the end of da2 I was just playing to be done with the game while as with da:o I've played that game so many times I couldn't even begin to count.   So I would like to see a new character all together, maybe even a race choice if possible something to pull me into the game more.

As I said before, I can see why Bioware don't want to deal with the Warden any more. After all using the Elf as an example you have three backgrounds to deal with, City, Dalish and Mage.

I just feel that this is a challenge that before they would have wanted to rise to, yet now with their EA masters firmly in control they have to get things out quicker.

I was really looking forward to playing as the warden again. I still have lots of unanswered questions! I hope this is a swerve ball so to speak?  Another new character to play is the last thing I want personally.

It's Revan and Bastila all over again it seems. One and Done. Oh well Morrigan. You and my warden had a heck of a ride.

[quote user="ExcludedRobin"]

Honesty I hated hawke he never felt like "my character" so the story never pulled me as much as the story in origins did. Honestly towards the end of da2 I was just playing to be done with the game while as with da:o I've played that game so many times I couldn't even begin to count.   So I would like to see a new character all together, maybe even a race choice if possible something to pull me into the game more.

[/quote]

The Warden story is the true story.  Consider Hawke a side story after the events of the true story.  It explains away a retarded non warrior Hawke who can not use a sword and shield.  Makes my life easier when I  play DA;2.

^that's a good point.  It irks me that Bioware's whole marketing spiel tried to make Hawke "the most important figure in all Thedas".

I always thought one way to impliment both Hawke and Warden would b to bring back the Warden as PC, with Hawke as a party member