Patches / Updates and Tray-Problems

Hey People,

I´ve got a little problem. It´s not that bad, but it annoys me a little bit. Everytime I start a game, no matter which , XBox wants me to download a new patch for that game. First I thought, there are new patches, till I asked a few friends. They don´t need to download new patches. So here is my question : How can I make it, that I dont need to download them again and again ?

Also there is another Problem. My Xbox often says : "Play DVD" , even if there is a game in it. If I press "A" , the XBox sign appears and my headset turns "off" ( I cant speak with other people in the party or hear them anymore .... ) Until I turn it off and on again. So how can I make my XBox read the Discs faster again. I need to open the tray again and again, till the game works. ...

If you can, you can also answer in german ;D ...

Greetings

P.S.: My XBox had a Ring Of Death a year ago or so, and I send it to a mechanics. But it wasn´t the XBox support, because my guarantee ran out and I had to pay with a Credit Card, but I had no Credit Card, so I send it to a service in my area....

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

try running a lens cleaner in your dvd tray before you do anything else. i've had that issue before and it usually solves the problem

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

a few things if you have to patch every time you go to play a difffrent game your cashe is full go to memory then hit y and clear it. Also sounds like your dvd drive is going out again but it wont matter anyway after the new xbox live update comes your way you wont be able to get online with that xbox anymore cause you got it fixed by some one other then microsoft

Sorry this didn't help.

If they would ban my XBox, i wouldn´t  understand why. That mechanics is reliable. He buys all parts from Microsoft ( that´s what he told me or he buys XBoxes and "cuts" the parts out, he needs and put them into the "broken" XBox... so no flashed tray or anything like that). If they want me to repair my XBox at their Service, they should offer better payment options.... And he didnt even change something at the tray... -.- so why should they ban me ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sry for double post....

Or do you mean, going online with my XBox wont work, because there will be an update?? It wouldn´t even run without that reparation, because that XBox is one of the earliest versions of the XBox 360 ;D ....

Sorry this didn't help.

To answer the Fist question Go System settings then into Memory you should see your hard drive listed hit Y and then pick yes to clear your cache after that ti should only update the game the first time you play it..........................

The 2nd question. Your xbox was "Flashed" just not flashed Modded (meaning made to use back up game disc). After much research and learning more then i'd cared to know about xbox when you switch out a dvd drive (this is from a 3rd party stand point mind you) you have to put what many refer to as a "Spoof" on it. This "Spoof" is a flash to you firmwear to trick your xbox into thinking its still useing the original dvd drive. The new dash board update reflashs your drive so if it hits one of these "Spoofs" it wont finish applying the update and throw a code saying you xbox has been Modded/altered/Tampered with in some way........................NO xbox live  for you

Sorry this didn't help.

Ahhh...let's pray a little bit and everything will okay.... .No I'm not religious ;D And thanks for the Tip, I need to update my game only one time now. And he hasn't changed the DVD Drive. There was nothing wrong with it. He gave me a paper with his works on it and there was nothing done with the DVD Drive...

Sorry this didn't help.

Sry again for double post.... .

I just wanted to say, that the Patch / Update for XBox worked. I had to download it a few minutes ago, and my XBox still  works :D... I think , that this thread is done now, because my problem with patching the games again and again is solved and the problem with the DVD Tray... yeah okay... it´s not solved but I think, that I´ll buy a cleaning CD the next days.... and then let's see if it works... so to than : see you guys... thanks for your help!!!

Sorry this didn't help.