Patches.. Patches... Why?

I love BF3, but why the hell is it that every month theirs a new patch with around 2GB of data? the hell? My BF3 folder is around 20GB or so now (with all the DLC) and I just want to know why the patches are so damn huge.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

First off, they don't, second - why on earth would a gamer be complaining that the game he like to play gets updated?  Doesn't make sense to me.  Anyway - generally, the patches for BF3 are huge because they almost always include the data required for a new game mode as well..  Battlefield doesn't just release maps for us to play on, they create an entire new way of playing the game, new destruction, vehicles, weapons, etc. It's simply more than a "patch."

^^^^^^^^^

this

I saved a ton of memory space by switching my BF3 data to DELETE

[quote user="vibroluxor"]

First off, they don't, second - why on earth would a gamer be complaining that the game he like to play gets updated?  Doesn't make sense to me.  Anyway - generally, the patches for BF3 are huge because they almost always include the data required for a new game mode as well..  Battlefield doesn't just release maps for us to play on, they create an entire new way of playing the game, new destruction, vehicles, weapons, etc. It's simply more than a "patch."

[/quote]New destruction?  lol

[quote user="GRAW2ROBZ"]

[/quote].....I know huh?....I think he was just kidding about that

When I first seen some videos of BF3 before release.  Like little bird crushed by collapsing skyscraper I was like awesome man!  Yeah it was story mode.  But still.  Dice hyped up destruction.  Once the beta dropped and quicksand glitch, which later destruction was turned off which led to black burnt stains!  Wow Dice now that's really epic destruction!

[quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

[quote user="GRAW2ROBZ"]

[/quote].....I know huh?....I think he was just kidding about that

[/quote]

In regards to your sig, Billy Dee Williams and his epic Colt .45 commercials disagree.

Technically, you only need the rent-a-server update, the most recent update, and the patches that pertain to the DLC you have. So, if you've just got the base game, you need Update 5 and Rent a Server. (I think)

Can you confirm this?

u mad?