Patch needed for map editor...

Okay so I've made a basic Team Deathmatch map called "House of Death TD".

It crashed the first time I was making it. The first time round it was more based on a horror theme...

After crashing I decided to give it another shot but more based around just a house on an island for people to shoot eachother.

The journey to getting this map published was quite a mission:

1) I wanted to put sharks in the water to make it more exciting but then it said I couldn't because it's AI.

2) I wanted to put specific ammo boxes and weapons around the map so it could have an "old-skool" style but it was denied because I can't have weapons on the map even though they provide them as an option.

3) I was tempted to put a boat in as a secret weapon for those who can find it but again it stated that I wouldn't be able to as vehicles are not permitted in multiplayer.

Why give us these 3 things only to state that we cannot have them in the finished map?
It feels like owning a car without the key.

This is funny because in FC2 you could put ammo boxes and vehicles all over the map.
Why change something that people enjoyed?

Patch please!.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

dude this whole game needs a patch

[quote user="FUZYBUNNY"]

dude this whole game needs a patch

[/quote]

Agreed... I've seen a man drink beer through his chin (picture taken), I've seen a dancing corpse who I could loot and he carried on (video taken).

I also wonder why falling a small height can get you killed or quite badly injured, ha! :)

Jason has pooryl developed shins. Or perhaps he has the same thing Joker has, ha ha.

I tried putting the patch on mine.  Now it keeps asking me for cigarettes.

I haven't played around with the Map Editor yet but the biggest complaint from the community is that you can't put AI soldiers and animals in your map, and you cant actually play your own maps yourself???

[quote user="Sly Jon"]

I haven't played around with the Map Editor yet but the biggest complaint from the community is that you can't put AI soldiers and animals in your map, and you cant actually play your own maps yourself???

[/quote]

When you play your own maps it cannot be public, only private and UNRANKED.

If it's RANKED then I'd understand but for being UNRANKED it's ridiculous.

It only states that content cannot be "illicit", I don't see how having AI animals, enemies, weapons, ammo and weapons would be "illicit" when it's UNRANKED anyway.

Hi, I played around with Map editor a bit last night and I was able to insert AI enemies and wildlife into the map but I didn't try publishing one. When I did put AI into the game on the very first one it came up with a pop up box asking if I would like to enable AI etc on the map. I mention this because I wonder if people have a option toggled to enable AI to no or something like that in the options.

[quote user="Jokul81"]

Hi, I played around with Map editor a bit last night and I was able to insert AI enemies and wildlife into the map but I didn't try publishing one. When I did put AI into the game on the very first one it came up with a pop up box asking if I would like to enable AI etc on the map. I mention this because I wonder if people have a option toggled to enable AI to no or something like that in the options.

[/quote]

Yeah I've played around with lots of different settings but haven't been able to publish a map with AI, vehicles or weapons yet.

Would be cool if they patch it because I've got some great ideas for maps.

Is it only that we can't publish it with AI?

Not only that maps can't be published with any use of NPC's or animals, but why can't you put even one single vehicle in the most simple of maps. I have been making maps since the first Far Cry and one could always put "several" cars, trucks or hang gliders in the same map. But now, why bother including the editor at all, if that is the extent of its ability.

FAIL!!!