party chat killed xbox community

ive had a 360 from near enough day one, played it online and met some great friends online who i ended up gaming with over the years. but then most of them stopped gaming so i had a friends list clean up, most my friends list is now local friends who basically just play COD. when i try to play an online game nobody is talking anymore like they use to. because there all on party chat. does anybody agree with me that party chat has killed the fun of online gaming?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm going to have to disagree with you.

i both agree and disagree.

I hate HATE HATE, thoes little kids who think their all that you know the type" f* this Bi*** that"" i killed that Mf'er".  and every once in a while you get people that are cool (or high) that are a great to be friends with and talking to. but for the most part it's just kids.

I even think some times the types of language kids think is cool just sounds stupid.  i was one of thoes kids now just all the cussing and junk sound iggnorant.

But there are plenty of people and clans on the forums that are just looking for adult players.

. you can always add me  

its SO hard to enjoy gears 3 fully because of party chats. how do they expect to show and play with team work and you cant even hear all of the other team members because they stuck in party chats!

Disagree, party chat was an excellent feature, giving more pros than cons, but i do agree, however, that it did have cons and somewhat marred the community.

Party chat is cool when you and friends want to yuck it up and playing different games.

I agree and disagree.

If i try talking to randoms i get disrespected since i'm a girl so i then mute my mic & or i party chat, i dont feel like dealing with B.S. But i know what u mean saint slug, same happened to me. I kinda miss those awesome friends i had back when i started online.

I agree, playing games dependent on group work is impossible when no-one is willing to communicate. Though some people are just really shy, and party chat is a comforting feature when they don't feel like dealing with strangers. Playing Zombies on CoD, or Rush in BBC is ridiculous.

[quote user="TTG VALKYRIE"]

I agree, playing games dependent on group work is impossible when no-one is willing to communicate. Though some people are just really shy, and party chat is a comforting feature when they don't feel like dealing with strangers. Playing Zombies on CoD, or Rush in BBC is ridiculous.

[/quote]

I hear you, In the time I've owned BBC2 I rarely had "anyone" to communicate to on the mic. This was either due to no mics or Party Chats. and zombies isn't to difficult to manage without mics, but it would really be helpful.

I agree with Blessed, I too am a girl and sometimes the kids/guys on xbox live can be ***. Regardless party chat is fun when you don't want to play a game with your friends but still want to chat it up. It has also gotten rid off the "pre-teens, and teens" who can be so annoying yelling onto the damn mic (very irritating). Regardless it has hurt the online experience, I remember back in COD4 were me and my friends had so much fun hearing people get mad, or admire our team work with less kids and more players. That my friends was the good old Xbox days =(

I swear dudes on xbox r bigger a-holes now then b4 when I use to always chat with randoms. It was easier to make friends & work together back then. Now everyone acts like they have something stuck up their *** lol & I can't even find decent gamer chicks to game with cuz most r big flirts and have no respect for themselves. And any gamer I know in person plays ps3 or hardly plays at all so I'm stuck trying to make friends online and I keep coming across jerk offs. Wheres all the decent, cool gamers at? If anyone knows point me to that direction lol.