PAINFULLY slow download time

So this isn't the first time this has happened, but today is the most recent.  At 7 am this morning I started downloading the Revolution map pack for Black Ops 2.  After an hour and a half it was only at 30%, and I had to leave for work.  So I made sure Background Downloading was enabled and shut my xbox off.  After I got home roughly 12 hours later, it was at 82% complete.  I've tried downloading other stuff in the past and had similar issues.  It took something like 20 hours once to download a 1.7 gig demo.

Our isp isnt great (speedtest reads 1.5 Mbs down, 1 Mbs up), but I don't have any issues like this on my iPad, laptop, PC, etc.  The 360 is on a wired network.  Port 3074 is open.  I'm not sure what to do, but this is incredibly aggrivating.  Before we moved a couple years ago this same xbox on a similar isp would download data in an eight of the time it is now.  Any ideas how to help address this?  Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well i hate to say but that connection is really slow. You should upgrade as soon as you possibly can. I have 18 up and 5 down or something close to that and it takes me one hour to DL a 1.5 g download. I'm really surprised your download speed is so low are you using dial up.

You can try hardwiring your Xbox to your modem by use of an Ethernet cable. Besides that you will simply need to upgrade your speeds through your isp

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.