Paid for Points Converted but will Expire

So a while ago I paid money for some MS Points and added them to my account. Recently I received an email saying my 2110 points have been converted to local currency however it also stated that this converted currency has an expiry date.  This is totally unacceptable, I paid for those points and now Microsoft is trying to force me to use them within a time limit.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

All the points have an expire date.

If you buy currency it will stay.

This is set up this way so points really gonna retire one day.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes but my points never had an expiry date before the conversion to local currency. Now my points have been automatically converted to currency and I've been given an expiry date on the currency.  So even though I paid hard currency for the points a year or 2 ago, I'm now left with an ultimatum, spend it by so and so date or lose it. It's an  unnecessary limitation that further pushes customers away from them.

I'd rather Microsoft send me a cheque for the amount the points were worth which I can then put back into my bank account and then if I so wish buy new Microsoft currency that doesn't expire.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your converted points do expire, however, they will not expire until June 2015.  This gives you a whole 15 months to use those converted points.  I don't find that unacceptable.  I'm pretty sure you have ample enough to time to spend that balance.

Any new currency you buy for your account now will not expire.  When you buy content, your account will use the currency with the expiry date first. 

http://support.xbox.com/billing/microsoft-points/microsoft-points-retire-faq

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I guess we have different views on what is acceptable. Personally, I don't see why it should ever expire, I've paid for it and applied it to my account. Whether there will be anything that I deem worth paying for in the next 15 months is irrelevant.

I can understand putting a time limit on points that have been paid for but not yet applied so they can phase it out for the new system. Saying that I'd be annoyed if I had unapplied points and then Microsoft turned round and said they are worthless :/

Sorry this didn't help.