Pac Man Championship Edition DX+

I have encountered a game breaking bug in this download title.

Last week there was a title update that added "+" to the Pac Man CE DX game.  I downloaded the patch and purchased all the additional courses.  A warning on the new menu screen said using an old save file will no longer work, but that was fine since all my high scores were on the leaderboards anyway.

Reaching the end of the Time trail on the Championship III course will crash the game and the xbox.  It has happened every time I've done this, at least a half dozen times.  Other courses can be played fine, but this course and this challenge will crash the game. freeze screen, no sound, can't hit the guide button, can't back out.

I deleted the game and my save file and redownloaded thinking it was maybe corrupt (since it is a title update for a 2 year old game maybe my save went bad) but now I have a game that freezes on Time Trial AND lost all my save info.  

very upset.  Easily one of my favorite games ever gets an update 2 years after launch and it broken so I can't even play it the way I used to.

I'm using an 250gb Xbox purchased in 2010 (the redesign that launched that summer) and have had no other hardware or software problems. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

It's not your Xbox that is the problem, it's the game.

And since it's the game, you can't do anything about it. The creators have to send out another update to fix those problems, so if there is a support forum for that game, or the creators of it, try posting their.

As for your saves, you can't get those back after deleting them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not super worried about getting my save back, I can unlock all the courses with probably an hour or 2 of play, which I'd be happy to do because, hey, Pac Man!

I'll have to call Namco support about it I guess.  Can't believe they broke the game with an update for improvements.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's ludicrous that this is still broken, and near as I can tell there's no way to actually talk to someone in Namco Bandai support to tell them it needs to be fixed. I paid for this content that I now can't use because their game is broken.

Xbox really should delist the game until it's fixed; that might actually get their attention.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there folks,

I'm really sorry to hear people are having issues with the Pac-Man update.

As has been suggested, you will want to get in touch with Namco Support for this. It looks like they have a specific American Console Technical Support number, or you can e-mail them at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

Sorry this didn't help.

Delightfully I decided to check the status of the game last night and there was an update that restored full functionality to the game.  

I was able to play the game for about 90 minutes and get all the medals to unlock the classic pac man skin.

Sorry this didn't help.

As of February 3 2014, I am still loosing data randomly on this game, so still issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have another problem which is bizarre.... also this is one of my dearest games and after being off xbox over 1 year and relocating to New Zealand from UK you can see how excited i got when i re joined xbox live and saw changes with the dlc etc to an 'old game'  

basically namco have NOT made the dlc available for purchase in NZ so i would have to fly back download it and then come back.... BUT you can only change your region once every 3 months (and i had to change my region or cannot play over xbox live)  IT SUCKS.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, UNCOMN! This thread is a bit old. Sorry to see that you have some issues with the DLC for this game. You are correct that you will need to wait until you can do the region migration again. If you need assistance with any other support issue, please feel encouraged to post up a new thread detailing what you're running into so we can get you some individual support. :)

Sorry this didn't help.