Overpowered Rifles!!!

I miss the old playstyle of gears when you didnt have the whole team rifling you down from across the map. Im sick and tired of having to camp because of unskilled players just sitting in cover making the whole game boring. Im not on here to start any arguements but my favorite game is turning too camp friendly and I loved this way better than call of duty. If they take that stopping power off and reduce the damage too half the power that would solve it. Just think......it would promote teamwork because as of now one player can down you in under a second from just about anywhere on the map and thats pretty close to call of duty time. At least if I go down I know that it took two players to bring me down that fast. I heard epic say that they never meant to make the game rushy style in the begining but guess what.........it worked and look at how much success it has brought you from a small miscalculation....much glory. Im speaking as a gears vet(day one). Its breaking my heart to see my fav game taking a step in the wrong direction just so you can appeal to the retards out there that just sit back and hold the trigger because they would'nt last in that up close gunplay. Ive posted on here before about making a playlist called HALF-OFF meaning all rifles do %50 percent of the damage that they do now without stopping power. It would stop promoting campers that are slowing the game down to garbage. Please consider it because it seems like its losing that strong grip that it used to have on me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

While I disagree with you on overpower rifles, but I think everyone is entitled to play the game as they like.  You should really check out the Get Gnasty! playlist this weekend which is gnasher shotguns only. I played it last time and it was a hell of a lot of fun, great change of pace from standard Gears of War 3 play.

Ive played get gnashty.......Im not saying that I just want shotguns......I would like to see the game take more skill too get a kill like it used to be.  Even the inks are overpowered.....you dont even have to hit them with it, all you gotta do is throw it near someone to stun them(forever) and blam.....its over.

Some players seems to really own the map with surgical precision Hammerburst fire, and you just can't get close to them.  While other times they seem to be ninja's lurker around every corner with a Gnasher taking your head off before you can do anything.  I have played many games that everything seem really out of wack other were it feel just right. If you can get enough people you can pettion epic to make a change to Alpha or Zeta playlist and they can do some balancing there.  I would like stun time of Ink to be reduced because I have been killed by too many of those that weren't take close to me.

Which rifles specifically?

what game type do you play? try something with execution type rules. rifles wont kill from distance then.

I agree retro lanzor, kaomax are too overpowered. and other thing about the rifles, there are too many bullets in the gun and in the inventary. i explain the capacity of the rifles is good for a horde not for multiplayer cause everyone camp as in horde and the gameplay is not present as in Gears of War 1. So the gameplay of the gnasher is not richest than Gears of War 1. I think EPIC choose a camping strategy cause i remember in Gears 1, the guy who camped behind a wall was dead yet.

I have played every Gears game since day one and I LOVE the way GoW 3 plays! The game runs smooth on dedicated servers and the weapons are all balance right. The only thing that could use a small change is the distance the gnasher shoots. You might as well put a scope on it as its damage is way to far.

PS: your achievements dont look like you are a day one Gears player

I am a day one gears player.......I only play online and when the game first came out I had another gamertag.

You just have to learn to counter people who only lancer. I like a balanced game. The fact that the gnasher *** from the other two games have to actually think now makes the game more appealing to me. I use my gnasher constantly but switching to a rifle at certain times is useful and makes the game more interesting. My opinion anyways.

How to counter lancer's is you lancer back = slow paced 3rd person callofduty game with monsters. I agree with you, the retro is OP, The ink is without a doubt and people just usually camp with modded hammer burst in ranked. I bought the game for fast pace battles..... it's not that anymore so I mines well play cod lol