Over-the-Air Broadcast Connection to Xbox One - How?

Hi,

At one of Microsoft's media briefings (probably April time-frame) they mentioned a little device (I think available through a third party) that would allow you to directly connect your digital over-the-air broadcast signal to your Xbox One. I don't think it was the HomeWrox device from Amazon, but I could be wrong.  I got the impression another device was being developed.  Anyway, I cannot find any information about this device or when the Xbox One will fully support this feature (other than the HomeWrox product seems to work now based on other forum posts). I love FREE TV. Right now I connect my digital broadcast signal to my amp (not directly to my Xbox One), because the Xbox One wants an HDMI connector, not a coax cable. So right now my TV does NOT go through my Xbox. I switch my amp between my TV and my Xbox 360 or Xbox One.  BUT this little device is supposed to change all that and will take a coax cable connection on one end and provide an HDMI connection to my Xbox One on the other.

At this point I've only read of people doing this under the Xbox One Preview program (and a few forum posts), but they don't provide a whole lot of details. Can anyone provide further details?

- What is the little connector device called and who makes it? Cost?
- Does Xbox One support this feature now, or will this be in the November update?
- Are there any gotchas with the setup? ?

Thank-you. I look forward to a response. I hope it will help clarify how to connect over-the-air broadcasts to my Xbox One, and that we will all continue to enjoy years of watching TV and playing games in our living rooms.

StoneHawk

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Here is a link on the OTA tuner that you're asking about.  So far as I know it is only available in the US and Canada and is a Hauppage tuner.

support.xbox.com/.../over-the-air-tv

Any other tuner (whether it works or not) is a 3rd party tuner and is not covered by Xbox nor is there information on them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have this setup working with my X1 and it works well. The cost is about $100.00 I think.

www.amazon.ca/.../B00XF7Z5DM

The only gotcha is it has pause live tv but no DVR functionality. That is coming November and will require an external hard drive only for that feature.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.