Out of Memory 5

I downloaded the new maps successfully, but I am having issues accessing them in addition to all of my old DLC. Every time I try to load a DLC map, it asks me if I want to save it to my HDD or to cloud storage. After I choose the HDD, a message pops up: "Error - Out of memory 5."

-

Now, I understand a lot of people are having issues with the new DLC, but I've heard of nobody mentioning this error message, so I'm not sure if it's the same issue as everyone else or a different 1 entirely. I have 114 GB left, so I doubt it's a space/memory issue (despite the message). I have also rebooted my console, cleared the system cache, & deleted & then redownloaded the DLC; none of this has fixed the issue.

-

I had a similar issue earlier this week with Forza Motorsport 4 when I downloaded the latest car pack. The game wouldn't recognize the new car pack or any of my old DLC. Luckily, that issue was resolved with a simple system reboot. Unlike FM4 however, MW3 DOES recognize my DLC, I just can't access it & a system reboot, as I've already said, has not fixed the issue. Are these 2 issues possibly related?

-

What does "out of memory 5" even mean? I need answers & solutions please. Any help would be appreciated...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 26 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

had this, and then searched again and got in a game.

im calling it a night on xbox, england game is on in a bit. hopefully this will be sorted by tomorrow !

Rubin said this is because they have hit the DLC limit on Xbox. He did say don't worry about future content, they'll sort something out. I think these *** ups are laughable now, it's one thing after another.

I am having the same problem on off-line split-screen multi-player and now my Special ops rank is now 1, I was rank 47 . All I have to say is that they better fix it so i don't have to erase my stats and data.

do u guys know when this might be fixed or how to fix it?

@sos Nebula There is at the moment no time when it will be fixed also there is a sticky post that I made that should help you. All info is from there support info

The problem is caused by the last update.

You can erase it to play multiplayer in split screen mode.

But you need the update to play with xbox live.

[quote user="CASTERTR0Y666"]

Rubin said this is because they have hit the DLC limit on Xbox. He did say don't worry about future content, they'll sort something out. I think these *** ups are laughable now, it's one thing after another.

[/quote]  what???????????

Besides what's outlined on the sticky post, I had to also delete the MW3 install from my Hard Disk Drive. It works now, but I have to play using Disc until there's a longer term fix available. I have forgotten how load a spinning disc can be.

I'm also having this problem and I haven't even downloaded any of the new DLC.

To fix this I had to play a private match of one of the original maps. Once it starts just quit and then the new maps should work although I only tried in private.

To get the Spec Ops to work I had to delete my hard drive install of MW3.