OUCH!!! Extremely Lucky!!!

Just in case anyone is curious, here are a few details about who got a Beta key for the Dawnguard DLC:

An overwhelming number of fans signed up for our Skyrim Xbox 360 beta — so many that we’re only able to issue codes to .005 of the applicants.

Lucky fans began receiving emails tonight from “The Elder Scrolls”, and we’ll be done completing the deployment tomorrow. Within the email, users will receive an Xbox LIVE redemption code, as well as details on how to participate in our private feedback forum.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dang, that is a really SMALL percentage.  Oh well. Won't stop me from enjoying Skyrim. I still have the whole, well, game-world to explore!

[quote user="SargonParidius"]

[quote user="fyerball 72"]

I would bet it will be just as small amount of codes as this time. My hope would be that the next one and one's after would be for new people that apply and not the same ones over and over.

[/quote]

And let's hope .... that anyone who participated in an earlier Beta - will be ineligible for future Betas!

[/quote]

I wouldn't go as far as that. If they post in the forums and actually help beta test this (instead of lol free dlc), I do not see why they can't be future beta testers since Bethesda would know that they are reliable.

[quote user="fyerball 72"]

I would bet it will be just as small amount of codes as this time. My hope would be that the next one and one's after would be for new people that apply and not the same ones over and over.

[/quote]

And let's hope .... that anyone who participated in an earlier Beta - will be ineligible for future Betas!

It was also a good tool for getting info on players.

Congrats to the lucky winners! Can't wait to play Dawnguard myself

I would hope so. I think that all the people who got codes this time should not be eligible for codes next time.

No, not at all. Bethesda does their own internal beta testing before the games come out. The version that is being "beta tested" right now is a finished version. It is the same as to what Skyrim was when it first came out. But releasing it to the public to test is unnecessary. It is for PR. They would have gotten reports of glitches when the game came out and fixed them, just like they are doing with Skyrim. This is throwing the fans a very small bone, and fixing some of the glitches early. Helpful, yes. Cost effective, no. That is why I don't think they will give out more codes next time.

[quote user="implantedwall14"]

They won't probably. Each key is 20 dollars that they lost... That adds up pretty quick, especially since it is an unnecessary process.

[/quote]

Did you just call beta testing an unnecessary process or the process in which they handled there some way open beta testing?

They won't probably. Each key is 20 dollars that they lost... That adds up pretty quick, especially since it is an unnecessary process.