Original Xbox games question.

I  have a 4gb xbox S, and today I bought the microsoft 250gb internal harddrive. I had read that it should allow me to play original xbox games, but when I try it gives me the message " The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." The game I am trying to play is Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, which is on the list of games that are compatable for the 360. I have tried cleaning the disk, re-starting the xbox, deleting memory cache, and un-installing the latest update and then allowing it to re-install. The disc itself has hardly any scratches. I have also tried another game that is compatable, and it also didn't work. Is there a problem with the brand new harddrive, or am I missing something?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

where did you get the drive if you got like from ebay and it was way cheaper than the 99-129 it sells for in stores than you got a fake drive.  and sad to say those drives do not have the emulation software to play the older games and it cannot be added to them.  your only option is to get your money back and get the real drive but get it from a store that sells 36 accessories or from trusted online stores like bestbuy or walmart.com etc

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.