Original Xbox game not working on Xbox 360

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting an original xbox game to start on my xbox 360. The game is Guilty Gear X2 #Reload. I've checked the list of games which can be played, it is on there. I've tried all the steps on the "issues playing xbox originals" and yet it still doesnt work. I get prompted to download an update, i download it, and then an error message pops up saying:

"The original Xbox game is not supported on you Xbox 360 console. An update to support this game may be available. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/games.  X: 5829.0   B: 1884.0"

I have an xbox 360 elite 120gb, updated to the latest firmware (connected to Xbox Live at all times), wired connection.

Please help me.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 85 Applies to:

Oh btw, its a disc not a downloadable version.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, the game is on the backwards list but I have to ask where you purchased your hard drive from.  The reason for this is that if the HD is a 3rd party drive it will not be supported by the xbox and you will not be able to play original games with it.

Have you tried loading the game on another console just to be sure.

Sorry this didn't help.

the HD came with the xbox 360, so im assuming its an official one and not a 3rd party harddrive. and all of my friends own a ps3 so i cant really check on another console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again,

I just checked to see if Ninja Gaiden 1 for the original xbox worked on my 360, and it did. and so i tried loading guilty gear x2 #reload again and the same error message appeared. is there something wrong i've been doing or is it the disk which doesnt work. and also does the game work for anyone else's console?

Thanks in advance

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I think that I recall something where MS maintains a certain number or at least around a certain number of games that are backward compatible on the 360's emulation. They had a consistent number on the list, but changed some out throughout the years, making previously playable games unplayable.---I have no hard evidence of that, just stating what I recall

I actually still have that disc myself, so I'll see if it works for me. Last time I recall it did, but we'll see.

Sorry this didn't help.

It works for me....

You do have your xbox connected online to allow for updates right? To me it just sounds like if you can properly get that update, you'll be all clear. I don't have many suggestions for that outside of cycling he power on your modem or reconnecting your xbox to your internet.

Sorry this didn't help.

My xbox is connected to allow for updates, when i pop in the disk it asks for an update to download, i download it, it downloads and installs, but then the same error message appears as stated in the original post. i've tried deleting my sytem cache to redownload and reinstall the update several times, yet the same error message appears. i know its not my harddrive being a 3rd party as ninja gaiden 1 worked perfectly on it, so im assuming its the disk which is the problem.

If it isnt the disk can someone tell me what is, because if it is i'll ask for a refund from where i bought it as other original xbox games seem to work, just not this specific disk.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've given up and asked where i bought this game for a refund. if i buy a new copy of the game (from another place) would that work? as i really want to play this game without having to go buy the original xbox console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Guilty Gear X2 [tag:Reload] is a supported backwards-compatible original Xbox game, so therefore I believe that a bad disk is most likely the reason why that game is not running on your Xbox 360. returning the disk and purchasing a new copy should rectify the problem.

Regards,

Konan T-A Lim.

Sydney, Australia.

Sorry this didn't help.

For me it worked connect the Xbox360 with the scart cable to the TV and set it to PAL instead of HD.

Try out if your TV and the game supports 50 Hz or 60Hz :)

If your settings are right the game will probaly work. I played Return to Castle Wolfenstein online ! till 2010

Sorry this didn't help.