Original Xbox game issue

I recently bought GTA III & Vice City on ebay (just for the hell of it, bring back some memories) and when I tried putting in either game into my console, I get an error reading "The game couldn't start.  Try downloading the game again."  I have tried almost everything to get this game to work and I just can't figure it out.

I have an Xbox 360 Arcade with a 250 GB hard drive and all the Xbox Live updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The 360 can only support some Original Xbox Games, those games musn't be part of the compatible games list unfortunately.

Though it could always messed up discs.

en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360  This should help you  if you ever want to buy other original Xbox games.

[quote user="BulletsAlwaysWn"]

en.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360  This should help you  if you ever want to buy other original Xbox games.

[/quote]

Problem is though, both of those games are backwards compatable.

[quote user="BulletsAlwaysWn"]

[/quote]

Problem is though, both of those games are backwards compatable. The only thing I can think of is, the guy on Ebay sold him the PAL versions.