Original Halo CE Question

I was cleaning out my closet and found a still prestine in box and playable original Xbox Halo CE game.  I no longer have my original XB of course.  Wondering what anyone with trade-in knowledge would think a place like Game Stop would give for it.  Probably not much, just curious.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

A dollar maybe.  I'd be better if you just kept it.  Gamestop has the pre-owned copy herepriced at $12.99.  Any Gamestop I've been to in (edited by a moderator) doesn't carry or sell original Xbox titles anymore, as not many people play them.  Regardless any place like that would most likely give you a dollar or two, then sell it for $10 or so.  Probably be worth more if you put it in your closet and sold it thirty or forty years from now.  By then there might be a collector who will be willing to pay more for it.  

[quote user="MarleyMon81"]

I was cleaning out my closet and found a still prestine in box and playable original Xbox Halo CE game.  I no longer have my original XB of course.  Wondering what anyone with trade-in knowledge would think a place like Game Stop would give for it.  Probably not much, just curious.[/quote]

You're better off to keep it. It's better than 343's *botched* version i.e. Halo:CEA, imho.

It's the same game with updated graphics, how was it botched. Let me guess, it's because it didn't include the original and horribly out-dated multiplayer right?

Might as well hang on to it unless you can find a Gamestop in your area that allows you to trade in original Xbox games, and to Beta Bri as Alpha said same game as the original Xbox version just updated graphics. 

[quote user="Odjin708"] same game as the original Xbox version just updated graphics. [/quote]Sorry but that's not true.  There are new features not found in the original:

Cinematic videos (found at terminals) in every level narrated by 343 Guilty Spark, that give us some more insight into the Halo universe.  These alone are awesome.  All eleven videos can be viewed here

New skulls.  The Bandana Skull (infinite ammo) make playing through on Legendary and achievement hunting a blast.

In one of the firefight maps, they added the option to have AI marines fight with us, though they don't do as much as another human player.  Still them staying in the middle and shooting while talking smack to the Covenant is pretty cool. 

Not sure about multiplayer, but I remember hearing they added a level only seen on the PC version. 

Point is it's a misconception that it's simply a re-packed game with updated graphics and nothing more. 

However at it's core it is still the same game.

Obviously.  But to say the only thing they did is improve the graphics is a false statement.

I'm just wondering how it was "Botched" according to Beta Bri.Updated graphics and additional content doesn't sound like a botched game to me.

[quote user="AlphaMandalore"]I'm just wondering how it was "Botched" according to Beta Bri.Updated graphics and additional content doesn't sound like a botched game to me.[/quote]Here...

1.) Warthog is slower to get up to speed, and the turning radius isn't as fluid. Also, not enough air or hang time when traveling at full throttle. You land with a hard ("kerplunk!"), instead of a nice bounce.

2.) The guns and other objects don't seem to bounce right and come to an abrupt stop, as if the ground is magnetized > (They messed  with the physics.)

3.) MC bobs quite a lot and a bit higher, while walking in the crouched position, leaving him exposed.

4.) Audio sound effects of the guns reloading and firing are over amplified, than the original. MC's suit insulates him from overly loud gunfire, as opposed to just a uniform. (Also, the sniper rifle should have the latest sound and muzzle flash suppressor available. It shouldn't have that loud of a report.)

5.) MC when he walks on solid foundations, it sounds like he's a horse trotting on cobblestone roads (very annoying!)

6.) Cortana no longer changes colors to reflex her moods (she's just blue all of the time.)

7.) All the new audio files for guns, remastered music don't fit the mood of the game. (You can change the music, but not back to the original sound effect audio files, or cut scenes.)

8.) MC's Mark V suit has had it's protective strength devalued on Legendary, by a few integers to the negative, which offers almost zero protection against an onslaught of enemies in the first part T&R (which has also, been sped up a few degrees from the original.)

9.) The Chief seems to be moving and turning slower, than in the original Halo: CE. The over all feel in his turning radius is sluggish, just like it was in Halo 2. (At Ieast, I can be *thankful* those idiots didn't screw with the FoV.)

Update: I had to turn up the look speed to 7 for Legendary, when default sufficed on the original, at the same difficulty settings.

10.) Ghost is a lot slower and less unwieldly than the original. (Original sound file was better.)

11.) Hunter's Plasma Cannon: Firing sequence was modified to shoot faster with more compact plasma discharge. (Original sound file and graphics were better, imo.)

12.) Plasma Pistol: It sometimes misfires when shooting rapidly. (I never had a problem with that type of thing, in the original CE.)

13.) Shade's plasma discharge had too much of a blinding bloom effect. Preferred the original over new improved version.

14.) Silent Cartographer outside beach areas were much too bright. (It looked more like the island of FarCry, than the original. It should've been more moody with heavier concentrations of shaded areas, imho.)

15.) Carrier Flood don't have that satisfying BOOM!, just sickly plop, upon exploding. (It seems to deal less damage, as well.)

16.) Plasma grenades seem to roll off and not stick at times.

17.) Library is so brighty lit, it almost resembles a cheap funhouse at a carnival, complete with arrows on th floor.

18.) Weapons and health cache in the Library is missing on the fourth floor.

19.) Jackal shields and damage resistance has been increased.

20.) Checkpoints have been modified on Legendary. There are fewer of them, as opposed to CE.

21.) The cut-scenes themselves, should've just been updated with the same camera angles, instead of inserting 343's interpretation. They screwed up The Chief and Cortana's personality, which made them less life-like and more wooden in the process. > Too much overacting by the two of them, in comparison to Bungie's original idea.

I'm not going to even bother addressing that, as you posted the same thing in another thread.  Someone addressed every point and made it clear to everyone that you're imagining things.  You can't provide proof of those things because they're in your head.  That thread where you and others filled the thread with arguments was deleted not only because of the arguments, but also because you made offensive remarks in a number of posts.  Be clear Bri that I'm not going to participate in the same thing, only to have the same results.  Here's where you insult me and call me a name: