original Crysis on Live Arcade

Who's already played it? I'm playing on the PS3 and I'm amazed at what they managed to retain from the PC version. Sure the resolution and framerate aren't  up to monster PC standard but all the destructible foliage and huts are there. If you haven't played the original before and have 20 bucks to spare, this isn't a bad way to go.

btw I'm curious about how the game runs on xbox since 360 versions of multiplatform games generally have better framerates, anyone playing this on 360? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It runs fine, been on it for about 2 hours and not a single problem. It looks really nice so can only imagine how the PC version looks, overall im impressed with it and cant wait to cart on with it tonight.

So they made Crysis an arcade game? That means it only comes with 200 achievement points?

It comes with 1000 GS. It's only the single player portion though. They didn't port the mulitplayer aspect.

Its on Games on Demand so comes with the full 1000G, like the recent Resident Evil games

[quote user="DOOM BULL"]

It comes with 1000 GS. It's only the single player portion though. They didn't port the mulitplayer aspect.

[/quote]Good news all around. Thanks

I'm thinking of getting this too.  I did have the PC version, it looked great, but I had big performance issues in places and I wasn't even running in the higher settings, so I sold it.  It would be nice to be play it again with a stable frame rate.  Sure it doesn't look as good as the PC version, but I'm impressed that they managed to pull this off. 

The first level is all nice and fine then once you get to the second level and beyond it just goes downhill on consoles. Let's just say I hope you enjoy playing at 10-15 FPS for most of the game. A lot of the achievements are also glitched and won't even unlock.

I'm thinking of either getting Crysis or Resident Evil 4, which one should I pick?

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]

I'm thinking of either getting Crysis or Resident Evil 4, which one should I pick?

[/quote]I would say Resident Evil 4. More replay value without glitched achievements. 

I think I'll download this tonight.  I never had a PC that would even come close to playing this.  I've only rented Crysis2 so this'll give me a chance to play the first before buying part 2.